General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by ezone
Got link?

For research purposes, of course.
Yes I do. Some nice custom work going on.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-g...t-build-6.html
Old 06-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
Yes I do. Some nice custom work going on.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-g...t-build-6.html
Sweet!

Kinda wish the shop had extra room for me to do a project like that.
Old 06-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star1967 will become famous soon enough

I wish I had my own garage or even a section of one. I washed and waxed her. Then went to a park and took a few photos.
Old 06-24-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Star1967
I wish I had my own garage or even a section of one. I washed and waxed her. Then went to a park and took a few photos.
where are the photos???
Old 06-25-2015
Registered!!

On my phone I need to transfer them to my laptop.
Old 07-01-2015
Registered!!

tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point

I got her fart can put on yesterday, and today I put blue LEDs behind the dash.
Old 07-01-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like my suspicions from this weekend were founded. I think I found the source of my slow coolant leak tonight...

Looks like the gasket is finally going. I have a 500 mile trip tomorrow and back on Monday so here's hoping it'll hold up. At least I have my handy OBDII scanner and plenty of extra coolant just in case.
Old 07-01-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
Looks like my suspicions from this weekend were founded. I think I found the source of my slow coolant leak tonight...
Looks like oil to me.
Old 07-01-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

It wasn't bright green or anything, but it did have a greenish hue to it that you can't see as well in the picture. Could have been oil too, I guess. It's dark here
Old 07-01-2015

It wasn't bright green or anything, but it did have a greenish hue to it that you can't see as well in the picture. Could have been oil too, I guess. It's dark here
Taste it, you'll know right away if it's antifreeze LOL

A valve cover can't leak antifreeze.....or can it? And how would antifreeze get that high, anyway?
Old 07-01-2015
Super Moderator

Magic, maybe? I'm still suspicious of my gasket, but at least my car runs fine and I don't think I have a catastrophic leak. I DID just put some oil in, so maybe I missed a bit. I'm gonna test her out when I get back in any case, and monitor the hell out of her in the meantime.
Old 07-06-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
where are the photos???
Here is one Name:  20150623_084159.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  177.8 KBof the pics. Yes that is a Decepticon logo.
Old 07-06-2015
Registered!!

Nice! Is your car purple???
Old 07-06-2015
Registered!!

It's Vintage Plum with gold metallic flakes . It's kinda dark purple.
Old 07-21-2015
Registered!!

marteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought some cans of plastidip. Will paint the rims this weekend.
Old 07-21-2015
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Mounted the OEM wing I got off eBay, which seems to be from a 6th gen, not 7th gen as it said. I made it work, doesn't overhang bad and it's solid. I think it looks ok but feel free to hate. Anyone else have a 6th gen wing on their 7th gen?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	87918  
Old 07-21-2015
Registered!!

It looks good. It might be a late 6th gen model. What did it cost?
Old 07-22-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Star1967
It looks good. It might be a late 6th gen model. What did it cost?
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's off like a 2000 coupe judging by the civic logo underneath. Got it for 48 bucks shipped so I'm not complaining.
Old 07-22-2015
EM2 NEWBIE

USMCEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: What did you do to your civic today?

I washed, waxed, and detailed my interior. Went over to a friends and had someone back into my rear bumper, and bend my decklid.
Old 07-23-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Not my civic, but did stuff to my gf's 2008 ex over the last week.

Her godfather (former University Technical Institute instructor, now works in an auto shop) gave us a Pioneer in-dash navi unit (AVIC-X7115BT) for free and I finally got around to putting it in. Had to buy the dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter, and GPS antenna. Still gotta get her a microphone for bluetooth calls and a rear view camera, as well as the steering wheel controls adapter module. I'll take pics later, but I'm lazy. Lol.

Also took her factory aux input (crapped itself), and made it into a USB port. Made it look stock, complete with keeping the little flappy door thingy functional. I've been tinkering around and making an RCA jack panel so the AV input could be accessible from the front.

The little box I made
Name:  iHXTxAe.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  713.2 KB

And the panel to which it will be mounted on
Name:  VXw4vjs.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  1,007.7 KB

In hindsight, I should have cut both top and bottom of the composite wall mount insert, but oh well. lol
Old 07-23-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MassCivic
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's off like a 2000 coupe judging by the civic logo underneath. Got it for 48 bucks shipped so I'm not complaining.
Your welcome I'm looking for one. I'm going for the stock/sleeper look with beefed up suspension and mild to medium on the engine tuning. A few decals but other than that a real yawner.
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

put in some weathertech rain guards. looking forward to hopefully keeping the car cooler. Fitment is really nice, when rolling the windows up the motor is a little stressed because it's squeezing the window in with the rain guard. I think I'll have to tighten up my driver side window as it wants to rotate towards the front bumper when rolling up the window. So it ends up pulling the window out of the weather strip. But pretty happy so far!

Name:  weathertech1.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  248.3 KB

you can see the back ones bubble out a little further than the front are still pretty tight to the car.
Name:  weathertech2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  333.3 KB

Name:  weathertech3.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  415.8 KB
Old 07-24-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ Looks good. Are those"made" for the car or universal?

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
In hindsight, I should have cut both top and bottom of the composite wall mount insert, but oh well. lol
That was a good idea using a wall mount plate. Makes it look really nice, I like it!
Old 07-24-2015
Registered!!

"WeatherTech® Side Window Deflectors are precision-machined to perfectly fit your vehicle."

hahahaha
Old 07-25-2015
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
That was a good idea using a wall mount plate. Makes it look really nice, I like it!
It was either that or ghetto rig up my own. Also decided to change it up a bit. I did a dry fit in the car and the little box I made took up a good portion of the pocket; more of the pocket than I would have liked.

GF's been out of town, so I can take measurements, but if the space permits, I'm gonna mount it so the plugs are oriented vertically instead of horizontally, butt up against the cigarette lighter adapter/aux jack ports. If I have to do some cutting to make it fit, no big deal. The rest of the plastic used to make this box were old CD jewel cases and JB weld Waterweld putty sticks, along with Loctite 5 minute epoxy wherever I needed it. Got plenty of leftover for me to finagle with.
Old 07-26-2015
Administrator
Administrator

Just updating the A/V input I'm installing in my GF's FA1. Made the little box a lot bit smaller, and it's now mounted on the panel. White crap in the picture below is the JB weld water weld I'm using to secure it down, and there's also a screw that I've used to secure it, as well. Did a test fit to make sure I didn't f*** it all up, and it looks like it'l fit just fine. There's a small gap because I'm gonna glue in a small bit of rubberized foam weather stripping to prevent any potential vibration sounds against the adjacent panel.

Next steps: Sand, paint, install RCA jacks, and hook everything up

Name:  ZvjWiMA.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  816.9 KB

also decided to show the USB port I made from her broken aux jack. I'm holding the flappy door down so you can see it.
Old 07-27-2015
Administrator
Administrator

Aaaaaannndddd the finished product. Up close, doesn't look the prettiest as I grew impatient, like I do, but it's fully functional. All that's left is to stuff the cable in her car's nether regions and pop the panel in place
Name:  BLLfvIG.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  774.8 KB
Old 07-29-2015
Registered!!

Washed her and installed a dual USB charging port into the little panel under the parking brake lever.

Also installed a switched 12v outlet in the back of my center console for passenger convenience and a more central plug for portable tire inflator, etc.
Name:  A718E24C-B6D9-4A04-8149-6F1BA6E0A88D_zpsebnmdg45.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  268.0 KB
Old 07-30-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MassCivic
Washed her and installed a dual USB charging port into the little panel under the parking brake lever.

Also installed a switched 12v outlet in the back of my center console for passenger convenience and a more central plug for portable tire inflator, etc.
Dang, those were some great ideas!
Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

Dang, those were some great ideas!
Thanks! The fact that using my power socket made the passenger cup holder useless drove me nuts so I solved the problem. Still need to tweak the wiring a little though, think the 12v line is a little too close to my stereo RCAs cause I hear a click through the speakers when I flash my lights or turn signals.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?