General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Old 09-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j007bond is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by 94civicd16z6
m3gach33zy: please make your pics a little bigger next time; i had to get my magnifying glass out to see those..

j007bond: is your trunk lid seating all the way down and latching correctly? probably just the weather stripping..

tuned up and washed makes my civic and i happy
I believe it is. However, it seems that there is little to no cushioning when I shut the trunk lid. Thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

m3gach33zy:
Your car looks gorgeous
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

m3gach33zy: please make your pics a little bigger next time; i had to get my magnifying glass out to see those..

j007bond: is your trunk lid seating all the way down and latching correctly? probably just the weather stripping..

damn, i dont think ive ever seen a 5th gen that clean. needs moar low but still nice
Old 09-04-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem! Not sure how they got so big though lmao

Nice ride btw
Old 09-04-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Got the red "H" center cap stickers today, ill post pics when they're on.

Edit: They sent me the wrong size....waiting on a replacement.

Last edited by rjones7755; 09-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

Ashw92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Raised my coil overs today because I went to MOT my ej9 an went up the ramp an ripped the exhaust off because of how low it was
Old 09-04-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Your car looks gorgeous
Originally Posted by pwnsauce
damn, i dont think ive ever seen a 5th gen that clean. needs moar low but still nice
Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
No problem! Not sure how they got so big though lmao

Nice ride btw
thanks y'all i appreciate it! oh ya, and thanks for reminding me.. lol i know I NEED to drop it a couple. it looks like it has a lift kit with those rims..
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced my shifter bushings to new aluminum ones after reading many reviews around the forums.

It's not AMAZING compared to stock but I definitely felt an improvement on second gear. It finally behaves and doesn't want to pop out of gear like it sometimes did. Now I don't have to worry about grinding in second. Shifting improved a little bit.

Overall, it was worth it. Next upgrade will be the Revo SS.
Old 09-04-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

thanks y'all i appreciate it! oh ya, and thanks for reminding me.. lol i know I NEED to drop it a couple. it looks like it has a lift kit with those rims..
It looks great, and a drop would do it justice!
I don't see too many 5th gens anymore. In fact, they don't even seem to exist where I live. After looking at some other custom 5th gens, i'm really starting to like those. Maybe even more than a 6th gen
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by raymondxcho
I replaced my shifter bushings to new aluminum ones after reading many reviews around the forums.

It's not AMAZING compared to stock but I definitely felt an improvement on second gear. It finally behaves and doesn't want to pop out of gear like it sometimes did. Now I don't have to worry about grinding in second. Shifting improved a little bit.

Overall, it was worth it. Next upgrade will be the Revo SS.
look into getting a trans fluid change with red line gear oil. when i did bushings and ss it was nice but not near as nice as after i changed to redline fluid
Old 09-04-2012
Registered!!

progress coilovers. their cheap, work amazing, and come with 3 different spring stiffness options.
Old 09-05-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks great, and a drop would do it justice!
I don't see too many 5th gens anymore. In fact, they don't even seem to exist where I live. After looking at some other custom 5th gens, i'm really starting to like those. Maybe even more than a 6th gen
ya 5th gens are rare these days, i've only seen about 3 where i live. that's my favorite civic body style, 5th gen all day personally, i've always liked the smaller headlites compared to 6th gens

look into getting a trans fluid change with red line gear oil. when i did bushings and ss it was nice but not near as nice as after i changed to redline fluid
i've hear good things about the redline. as well i have about amsoil. i use amsoil synethetic syncromesh in my car (manual). once i switched i could tell a big difference how smooth the transaction between gears was. amsoil = good stuff imo
progress coilovers. their cheap, work amazing, and come with 3 different spring stiffness options.
progress eh? i don't at all wunna high jack this thread, but will make another one soon enough to inquire further on this. hoping i can drop about 1.5" with just coilovers
Old 09-05-2012
Registered!!

foedoemoehoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Before and After
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civ-low.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	83979  
Old 09-06-2012

Originally Posted by foedoemoehoe
Before and After
Crushing the can with the mud flap, I love it XD
Old 09-06-2012
Registered!!

SiHatch93 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya 5th gens are rare these days, i've only seen about 3 where i live. that's my favorite civic body style, 5th gen all day personally, i've always liked the smaller headlites compared to 6th gens

i've hear good things about the redline. as well i have about amsoil. i use amsoil synethetic syncromesh in my car (manual). once i switched i could tell a big difference how smooth the transaction between gears was. amsoil = good stuff imo

progress eh? i don't at all wunna high jack this thread, but will make another one soon enough to inquire further on this. hoping i can drop about 1.5" with just coilovers
I believe I have a fifth Gen? (93) but much agreed with the smaller head lights statement. So true as well as the style of the body.
Old 09-06-2012

Originally Posted by SiHatch93
I believe I have a fifth Gen? (93) but much agreed with the smaller head lights statement. So true as well as the style of the body.
What I really like about the 5th gen is the roofline (coupe). It looks more like a hatchback inspired sports car with it's steeper sloping rear window. I also prefer the 5th gen head lights. I wonder what the car would look like it it had taillights similar to a 7th gen coupe
Old 09-06-2012
Registered!!

B15Fred can only hope to improve

finally gave her a mUch needed wash!
Old 09-06-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my right side hid decided not to come on last night, so i ended up taking the bumper off again and soldering the harness connectors directly to the relay. will suck if i have to ever change the relay, but at least the connection is solid. if it doesnt work, i need to think about a new ballast
Old 09-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
will suck if i have to ever change the relay, but at least the connection is solid.
Next time pay the extra $4 for the relay connector:
Name:  relayconnector.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  4.3 KB
Old 09-06-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats what i had before. and a whole bunch of plastic chunks were crumbling off it when i checked. so i popped out the spades and soldered them straight to the relay. it was tight when i first installed the connector but i guess all the hot/cold cycles loosened them up a bit.

decided to wash car, then go for a drive, hit some nice deep puddles of water from sprinkler runoff, deatiled car again lol. but the hid seems to be working so far.
Old 09-07-2012
Registered!!

What I really like about the 5th gen is the roofline (coupe). It looks more like a hatchback inspired sports car with it's steeper sloping rear window. I also prefer the 5th gen head lights. I wonder what the car would look like it it had taillights similar to a 7th gen coupe
its been done search around for it, i like them. but id rather have a super clean 5th gen hatch with an ek front end conversion. dat = sex. or a 7th gen front end on an em1
Old 09-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats what i had before. and a whole bunch of plastic chunks were crumbling off it when i checked. so i popped out the spades and soldered them straight to the relay. it was tight when i first installed the connector but i guess all the hot/cold cycles loosened them up a bit.
Female spade connectors work good in that application. They fit on the relay terminals perfect.
Old 09-08-2012
Registered!!

Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Removed grill, spoiler, front, side and rear lips for painting. Patiently waiting for Monday morning to come.

Old 09-08-2012
Registered!!

brandon_2461 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought a 1998 civic ex last night with a b18c1 turbocharged.!!! I'm pretty stoked i love the thing... Put in a new boost gauge today and a pioneer deck.

Might be selling if anyone wants a nice ride

b18c1
b16 trans
Old 09-09-2012
Registered!!

classicivic89 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I did WITH my Civic today. Good times on a rainy day!

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1299& transactionid=1347252225-75138192210&posted_by=classicivic89_www.civicforum s.com&youtube_video_id=eB9zGfD71sA[/autostream]
Old 09-10-2012

Originally Posted by classicivic89

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1299& transactionid=1347252225-75138192210&posted_by=classicivic89_www.civicforum s.com&youtube_video_id=eB9zGfD71sA[/autostream]
Good, you had all four wheels attached before attempting this! Safety first!
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Like!
Old 09-10-2012
Registered!!

matthewGA is an unknown quantity at this point

New sparks installed in the Orlando WalMart parking lot and poured in some fuel injector cleaner (Gumout). Then I drove that thing 450 miles from Disneyworld back home (no more misfires)
Old 09-10-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Alright not gonna lie that was impressive....be prepared for a lecture about doing stunts on public roads though lol
Old 09-10-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

pretty good. its a lot harder than it looks... ive attempted this in my younger days of hoonage but was never successful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?