General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Old 06-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

I let my friend drive my car once ... for like 5 minutes ... and after that it wouldn't start, the ECU died. Coincidence? lol
Old 06-02-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the oil change is done.. air filter and all that jazz... ready for the road trip
Old 06-02-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just had the (home) AC fixed. now i will have a 120F garage but not a 90F house to "cool" down between jobs. pheeew!
Old 06-02-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I feel you on that. Lived in TN two years and Texas for three. Weather was brutal for working on cars!
Old 06-02-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

remember that i just got back from Quebec
Old 06-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No actual work done on my car today, but did some work on a OEM big brake upgrade faq for the site.

$320 for a brake caliper bracket is robbery..
Old 06-02-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

6000k led dome lights for me. see my thread for details lol
Old 06-02-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Installed the OEM Foglight Harness. So many connections/reconnections for two foglights (maybe a dozen or so) ...who woulda thunk? BTW the 2003 kit has 3 harnesses and one relay, the 2001/02 kit has only two harnesses (single wire connector is pre-wired), but two relays and a special ground.

Got my fingers crossed that everything works. Waiting on a 2002 OEM switch from Sacramento, before I can test out the system. FYI. Got the second to last one from an actual Honda dealer. The last one left in the US, is in Oklahoma, from what I was told. Everyone else (including on-line) is on backorder from a single old stock warehouse.

Last edited by maxtierney; 06-02-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^I'm going to a dealer tomorrow morning and ordering a switch in that case, I was waiting till I retrofit my fogs (waiting for TRS to start stocking morimoto matchbox projectors) to install and wire them, but no time to wait i guess.
Old 06-02-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah ive been noticing serious shortages of japan products due to the earthquake
Old 06-02-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by MindBomber
No actual work done on my car today, but did some work on a OEM big brake upgrade faq for the site.

$320 for a brake caliper bracket is robbery..
Could have used something like this for aftermarket BBKs, last year. Went through 4 sets of braided lines. Metric, Standard, Pipe Fittings, Banjo Fittings, AN Fittings, Teflon coated, uncoated, custom fab, jacketed, single flared, double flared, thread or connection sealing, etc. - I used these words more in one weekend DIY, than anyone ever should in a lifetime. Haha.

Moral of the story, model specific braided lines do not apply to BBKs, only OEM. It's all trial and error. That and test fit everything off the car first. Second, have another car handy when things go wrong, because they will. Lastly, manually bleeding only applies to 2 or less piston calipers, if you start completely dry.

Looking forward to your thread.

Last edited by maxtierney; 06-02-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Looking forward to your thread.
it's on the 6th gen section
Old 06-03-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Wait. WTF did I miss?
Old 06-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ml#post4541661

I finally got the house AC working and finally got the head off. Now soaking in the cleaning agents for all the grease, oil, gunk, carbon for a day hopefully start to assemble tomorrow.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

That's just something I stumbled across while researching, very little of the information applies to 7th gens; I cross posted it to the site because it's the best write-up I've seen on brakes for earlier gens.

What I'm working on now, and it won't be done for a couple months, is a brake swap faq specifically for 7th gens. It will be covering things like what OEM brake calipers, brackets and master cylinders are compatible with 7th gens, as well as general stuff, like why you should never
used drilled rotors. There is already a brake faq, but it's vague, this will be definitive.

Power is useless if you can't control it, before people even consider k-swapping or turbo they should have a solid understanding of exactly how their suspension, brake, wheel and tire systems transfer said power to the ground and have a car capable of meeting their eventual power goals.
Old 06-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Oh!

And today I washed my car, since it was coated with cow manure.
Old 06-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

That's just something I stumbled across while researching, very little of the information applies to 7th gens; I cross posted it to the site because it's the best write-up I've seen on brakes for earlier gens.

What I'm working on now, and it won't be done for a couple months, is a brake swap faq specifically for 7th gens. It will be covering things like what OEM brake calipers, brackets and master cylinders are compatible with 7th gens, as well as general stuff, like why you should never
used drilled rotors. There is already a brake faq, but it's vague, this will be definitive.

Power is useless if you can't control it, before people even consider k-swapping or turbo they should have a solid understanding of exactly how their suspension, brake, wheel and tire systems transfer said power to the ground and have a car capable of meeting their eventual power goals.
Wasn't there one in H-T? can't remember which gen...

Oh!

since it was coated with cow manure.
do we want to know? ....
Old 06-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Wasn't there one in H-T? can't remember which gen...
The one I posted is the updated version of the one on H-T, BrakeExpert was banned there, so it's fallen out of date.

Do we want to know? ....
Haha my gf's family own a dairy farm, we went to visit yesterday and I had to drive down a road that a manure spreader had driven down earlier, so the manure sprayed up on my car a bit like snow. It sounds horrible, but it's totally normal around dairy farms.
Old 06-04-2011
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't do anything to the Civic yet today. I did spend some time at work researching parts. My baby needs some work!
Might throw in the aftermarket head unit today so I can rock the Zune again.
Old 06-04-2011
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

Well, I guess some might use back of the semi to break

Today, I went to the dealer again to get the bracket between the A/C line and the P.S. mount installed after they lost mine. Hopefully, there won't be problems anymore. Actually, the next thing will be a set of struts for sure.
Old 06-05-2011
Registered!!

civic0427 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carowcliffe
Glad you guys like them, I think they look great! I swear now i've got the LED Fever though!

Shift E: Already been done :P I forgot to mention I did that too! That's what the last photo is of!

And I'd love to see some photos of you car Civic0427
Ill get some photos up soon. I literally just got the car on the road after replacing the motor and rebuilding the transmission. I bought it for 450 dollars so its a project started lol.
Old 06-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Cleaned up the head, block (darn, takes longer than disassemblying the head...), installed the new water pump, cleaned and installed the Greddy oil temp and pressure sensor sandwich back, took some of the carbon build off the pistons, measured the head for warpage, seems ok. Washed the miata, removed some of the 1 1/2 year gunk from it. still getting some pops from the rear endlinks after the new rear sway in the miata... hope the new endlinks get here soon...
Old 06-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

What size swaybar did you put in the miata?
Old 06-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

just so you know, since they are RWD, the rear is just... puny.
The miata have a veeery wide options range for suspension, but i usually stick to the Flyin' Miata options or the FCM (Fat Cat Mortorsports).
I was actually building the Flyin' Miata kit part by part (shocks were blown, so installed the illumina (tokiko), then put the front sway bar (1"), 2 holes for adjustment but never installed the rear until recently (3 holes, right now in the middle - not sure of the diameter - i just trust the FM guys - their kits are just... amazing).
Funny thing - previously i was running the stock bar or no rear bar, but this one... just feels like a vic doing the 3 wheel act. front dives much more in the corners now, kind of curious. and the oversteer is increased, but controlled. considering next steps now
Old 06-06-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Replaced my blown power outlet fuse......about 7 months later. Also drove my car for the first time in almost 3 weeks. Felt weird.
Old 06-06-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Aimed my headlights. Driving now is kinda like bright halogens. Everything seems normal. I can no longer see the cutoff line without looking for it, which is good because that means everything is flowing nicely.
Old 06-07-2011
200,000 and counting

thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough

Taking my hub to my local tranny guy to have a new wheel bearing pressed in.
Old 06-07-2011
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

finally got the body shop to finish the estimate on the crazy hail damage i got a few weeks ago. the estimator tried to tell me the car was totaled... she didn't even talk to my insurance adjuster yet. dumb.
Old 06-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Cleaning my coilovers up in preperation for dissassembly and restoration; soaking the retainer nuts in pb blaster, coated the sleeves in pb blaster to clean the little rust spots off. Just emailed tein to inquire about touch-up paint for the shock body rust.
Old 06-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

grille swap!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and an oil change

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?