General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

checked on the status of my coilovers (being repainted)... I guess the springs are a P.I.T.A. to repaint. I should have had them powder coated!
Old 07-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did a quick wax with eagle1 superior nano wax (free with coupon!)
Old 07-18-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

debated on how I am going to repaint my hood.
Old 07-18-2011
Registered!!

civx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjones7755
How did it handle after this? Ive heard this is one of the better mods you can do to our cars in terms of steering/handling

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Really? I heard the rear was one of the least useful because of how close it is to the wheel base...
Well since i'm doing one suspension piece at a time (to feel the difference) actually its feels a lil bit more responsive...i have a better feel for the car in the rear...but my car aint lower yet either so maybe thats why i feel more of a difference??...plus the $30 i spent for the bar i think it worth adding Next is progress sway bar and some bushings...i think thats where its really going to start to make a difference!

Last edited by civx; 07-18-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

waxed my VIS hood again.
Old 07-18-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

I wiped the interior with baby wipes because I lost my armor all wipes. I'll have to get some soon

Also my windows, for the second time, have somehow gotten greasy. I have NO idea what causes this, only that it comes from the part of the door that the window rubs on when going up and down. It's so gross and hard to clean. And frustrating....... last time it happened like a month ago and I cleaned it and it was fine... then it happened again a couple days ago.
Old 07-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brian1037
I wiped the interior with baby wipes because I lost my armor all wipes. I'll have to get some soon

Also my windows, for the second time, have somehow gotten greasy. I have NO idea what causes this, only that it comes from the part of the door that the window rubs on when going up and down. It's so gross and hard to clean. And frustrating....... last time it happened like a month ago and I cleaned it and it was fine... then it happened again a couple days ago.
nah man get meguiars wipes or spray its so much better then armor all trust me plus its on sale at wallmart
Old 07-19-2011
Registered!!

rrroland13 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm on sale at walmart ey?? well i guess tomorrow im cleaning up the interior with meguiars wipes..
Old 07-20-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

I will be putting on the fog lights tonight with a friend
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

MattR is an unknown quantity at this point

I took a look at my rear drum brakes to see if I needed to replace the drums and the shoes, or only the shoes. 197/201mm and 200/201 mm. I think these might be the originals judging by the rust.

http://imageshack.us/g/64/img1551ha.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/img1540l.jpg/

Also, does anyone know what this part is? It came from the front of the car, centred around the engine. I think it has something to do with my exhaust, some sort of cover? It fell off last week when I was changing the oil, it had rusted right off.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/img1551ha.jpg/

Going to be replacing my drums and shoes Friday, it will be my first time. It will be a challenge for sure.
Old 07-20-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm usually drums can be turned and reused couple times. but yours look pretty bad. that other thing looks like an exhaust heat shield.
Old 07-20-2011
02 coupe DX

I will be putting on the fog lights tonight with a friend
jealous
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

MattR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm usually drums can be turned and reused couple times. but yours look pretty bad. that other thing looks like an exhaust heat shield.
Yeah I was hoping to reuse them but they are very close to the max diameter of 201mm + they are looking pretty bad from the rust. Thanks for iding the part for me.
Old 07-20-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Got the fogs in. Was a MUCH bigger job than I expected, and the electrical isn't even started yet. Had to cut the port holes out of the bumper with a dremel (I thought they'd just pop out), then smooth them down, then try and fit the bastardly fogs in. Ended up cutting, grinding and trimming for about 3 hours. Here's a teaser pic. I have many more but I'll add them all to my build thread at the same time when the electrical is done next week.

Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member

im still deciding if i want to wire my fogs. i wouldnt use em so im kinda just leaving it there for looks.
Old 07-21-2011
Sedans > Coupes

I don't blame you for not wanting to wire them in. It took me and my buddy about 2 hours to figure out how it worked using a power supply in the kitchen and measuring voltages and seeing what connected to what. Gonna be a big job wiring it in the car
Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

I don't blame you for not wanting to wire them in. It took me and my buddy about 2 hours to figure out how it worked using a power supply in the kitchen and measuring voltages and seeing what connected to what. Gonna be a big job wiring it in the car
That is scaring me away from fogs. I want them, but that sounds like a lot of work.

TODAY is engine bay cleaning day. There is almost a decade of grime in there that has NEVER been cleaned. So Im going at with with a big tub of hot water and dawn. THE GREASE FIGHTING POWER OF DAAAAWN
Old 07-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Tried to install my coilovers today, I got one done and then moved onto the passanger side rear and the trailing arm bolt is seized. Fml, it's only been a year since I last removed those shocks.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

SilkyCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSilkyCivic has a spectacular aura about

Bought this instead...
Name:  IMG_0071.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  27.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  15.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0075.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  18.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0076.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  14.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  24.4 KB
Old 07-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Nice! Congrats man.
Old 07-24-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Today I tackled the greasy windows problem. I took off the driver and passenger door panels and brought them inside to clean the fabric strips at the top that rub on the window. My dad's theory as to how they got so nasty is that it was the stupid rustproofing guy who also ruined my trunk liner. The freaking fabric strips on the door panel were greasy to the touch. No wonder my windows would come up greasy every time. Anyway so I used Sunlight laundry soap and a toothbrush to clean the fabric strips and then had a hard time rinsing with water and getting the Sunlight out. So after I did the best I could to get the soap out I let the door panels sit outside in the sun for about 2 hours to dry off. After that they seemed clean and dry but I'm still worried they'll come up greasy because Sunlight soap itself is greasy. I wont touch the windows for a couple days then only time will tell if it worked.
Old 07-24-2011
Premium Member

you might try some googone or something too but i wouldve used a carpet cleaner type spray like meguiars quik out foaming fabric spray. you prolly still can and it should remove the leftover soapy stuff.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

ew a mustang! Not a fan of them at all. But if thats what u like then congrats silky!
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Change the neg battery cable today. Was driving down the 401 and car lost power :| Thank god I already had the cable and new bolts in the car with a 10mm socket wrench.
Old 07-24-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Washed it. This POS 1 dollar sponge I bought doesn't compare to the lamb skin mitt I first bought. It was getting pretty old, so I use it for my tires now. Guess I'll buy another mitt in the near future.
Old 07-24-2011
02 coupe DX

I didn't do anything but a friendly seagull laid a nice brown shat stain on my driver side handle.
Old 07-24-2011
Sedans > Coupes

^ bahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by gearbox
you might try some googone or something too but i wouldve used a carpet cleaner type spray like meguiars quik out foaming fabric spray. you prolly still can and it should remove the leftover soapy stuff.
If I'm still having grease issues then next time I take em apart to clean I'll do exactly that
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

ExpliciT97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced my spark plugs to NGK Iridium's. Tomorrow replacing brake pads and rotors... maybe a good interior clean as well.
Old 07-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

washed and detailed my interior yesterday, changed the oil with royal purple and an oem s2k filter today.
Old 07-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by CGaud
checked on the status of my coilovers (being repainted)... I guess the springs are a P.I.T.A. to repaint. I should have had them powder coated!
re-powder coating them isn't worth it unless your redoing your entire suspension and getting everything powder coated, just strip the rust and do a quick repaint.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?