General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
^if you insist

took everything off today.

drove like that to the warehouse like that. no hood, no front bumper... nothing.

my short ram intake instantly transformed into a cold air intake. lolll

then at the warehouse, i pulled all my tools out and installed the hood and bumper right on the getto streets of LA (los angeles for those who dont know). scared for my life but whatever.

installed it in 20 mins, and got the **** outta there.

Name:  ceeaa7e0.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  190.6 KB

i also have new stock, shark-grill-less, fenders in the trunk, ready to be installed.

damn stock look so good.

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 07-12-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skaterboy2214 is an unknown quantity at this point

just bought a d17a2 motor for mine today just wish i could put it in
Old 07-12-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Lol lowlife.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets parts sit in a closet for a year before installing them
I'm guilty too. My sister just contacted the producers of the "Hoarding : Buried Alive" show. I may need an intervention...
Old 07-12-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I'm guilty too. My sister just contacted the producers of the "Hoarding : Buried Alive" show. I may need an intervention...
Or you know, you could sell some of that 'junk' to me
Old 07-12-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

all new brakes oem front and rear, ps fluid change, trans fluid drain and fill 3x with maxlife, prolly will wash the car again this weekend. brakes are very dusty as they are breaking in. hope to have honda insight rims in the fall.
Old 07-12-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Thought I had a problem with my windshield washer fluid sprayer. I could hear the motor on it running but nothing was spraying out, and I still had a lot of fluid left. Raised the hood and decided to spray again while it was up and it worked. Turned out the hose was being pinched when the hood was down :P Moved it a bit and it's working great now
Old 07-12-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Thought I had a problem with my windshield washer fluid sprayer. I could hear the motor on it running but nothing was spraying out, and I still had a lot of fluid left. Raised the hood and decided to spray again while it was up and it worked. Turned out the hose was being pinched when the hood was down :P Moved it a bit and it's working great now
Good work detective!
Old 07-13-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Good work detective!
I was so confused when i decided to pop my pump out thinking there was no fluid in there anymore. All of a sudden I had green liquid pouring out! I was like "damn, i thought it was empty??" It doesn't help that my Washer fluid sensor is broken lol
Old 07-13-2011
Sedans > Coupes

I was so confused when i decided to pop my pump out thinking there was no fluid in there anymore. All of a sudden I had green liquid pouring out! I was like "damn, i thought it was empty??" It doesn't help that my Washer fluid sensor is broken lol
Might not be broken... just dirty. There was a diy floating around here somewhere on how to clean it up when it's not working anymore.
Old 07-13-2011

Yea it's probably just dirty. I don't care about dealing with it now though so i guess it waits lol
Old 07-13-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Yea it's probably just dirty. I don't care about dealing with it now though so i guess it waits lol
Yeah no rush in summer time... but as a Canadian I'm sure you know how essential it is in winter
Old 07-13-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

MINE IS BROKEN TOO! lol I have been so confused about it for so long, and I also did the same thing. Washer fluid everywhere. i am going to try and find that DIY because I wouldn't mind that light off my dash.
Old 07-13-2011

Originally Posted by Lopes101
MINE IS BROKEN TOO! lol I have been so confused about it for so long, and I also did the same thing. Washer fluid everywhere. i am going to try and find that DIY because I wouldn't mind that light off my dash.
Lol it's been like that for me and DarkS since we bought ours. Super common in Canadian models, thats why i tuned it out lol. if i ever find myself with nothing to do then i'll probably do it just for fun.
Old 07-13-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol it's been like that for me and DarkS since we bought ours. Super common in Canadian models, thats why i tuned it out lol. if i ever find myself with nothing to do then i'll probably do it just for fun.
I still find it super annoying.. damn Canadians...
Old 07-14-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Left summer washer fluid in my car once duing the winter..... Lets just say I couldnt see the road by the time I got to work. Lucky enough that it warmed up the same day and turned everything to slush so I could get some kind of washer on the window to go home.
Old 07-14-2011

Originally Posted by marccayen
Left summer washer fluid in my car once duing the winter..... Lets just say I couldnt see the road by the time I got to work. Lucky enough that it warmed up the same day and turned everything to slush so I could get some kind of washer on the window to go home.
Driving in the winter with no fluid/bad wipers is the scariest thing!
Old 07-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

check all the plastic tubing that stuff gets very brittle over time i just replaced mine because of a crack that formed and made the system lose pressure. they sell the tubing at NAPA.
Old 07-15-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Driving in the winter with no fluid/bad wipers is the scariest thing!
Yup. Winters up here are brutal. Last winter I went through about 6-7 jugs of fluid. Ridiculous.
Old 07-15-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by civx
just installed rear strut bar

How did it handle after this? Ive heard this is one of the better mods you can do to our cars in terms of steering/handling
Old 07-15-2011

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Yup. Winters up here are brutal. Last winter I went through about 6-7 jugs of fluid. Ridiculous.
6-7 sounds normal lol doesn't surprise me at all!
Old 07-15-2011

Originally Posted by rjones7755
How did it handle after this? Ive heard this is one of the better mods you can do to our cars in terms of steering/handling
Really? I heard the rear was one of the least useful because of how close it is to the wheel base...
Old 07-16-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Bought some stuff... shift **** too but not pictured

Old 07-16-2011

Just installed my Alpine iDA X100 head unit The sound difference is amazing, even with stock speakers! AND my Rear right speaker is blown, and it still sounds good! Currently loading music onto my USB since the HU doesn't take CD's. When that's done, I'll run out and snap a pic of it.

Wanted to do a before and after video to compare sound, but my camera's battery was dead
Old 07-16-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing for like the 3rd weekend straight. This is becoming kinda depressing. I haven't driven anywhere on the weekend in almost a month. Lol. On the plus side, I still have gas!
Old 07-16-2011

Here dey are! P.S. USB Sounds awesome

Name:  DSC02187.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  DSC02190.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  133.3 KB
Old 07-16-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Nice head unit.. look strikingly familiar
just one question: red or blue? lol

as for me, I'm in the process of doing a brake pad/rotor change, oil change, and just did a mechanical O2 sensor install. I'm letting those stupid screws on the rotor soak in WD40 and grabbing my drill bits just in case I get fed up with them
Old 07-16-2011

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Nice head unit.. look strikingly familiar
just one question: red or blue? lol
Currently Blue, but waiting till night to see which I like better. The red would go with the dash lights since the coupes are red, but the blue is nice and bright.
Old 07-16-2011
Registered!!

rrroland13 is an unknown quantity at this point

/\ the red looks so damn pink during day time tho...
Old 07-16-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Got my alternator replaced, its now a 90amp upgraded on in stock OEM housing.
Old 07-17-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Here's a teaser pic..................... go to my build thread for more (check my sig)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?