General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Anyone else experience this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone else experience this?

After getting my short ram,
I've developed a new driving habit.

What I do is slam the gas 3/4 throttle and when it hits ~5k RPM (or until i hear a certain tune from the engine)
I let go of the gas, let it drop to ~2k RPM and floor it again
It sounds really awesome, like shifting, and sounds like a MT, because VTEC kicks in ~2750RPM

But anyways, while going to lunch today, i was merging into a lane, and wanted to cut off an 18 wheeler rather than waiting behind it, so i floored it, and did my little "habit", what I noticed was after reaching 6k RPM, releasing and gasing it, i felt a LOT more torque and just flew past the truck, more than if i just floored it.

Anyone know why?
Just curious
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone else experience this?

extra gas in the cylinder? I dunno. Speculating. Our cars run rich at WOT (WOT, AFR is 12.9-13.1 vs normal driving at 14.7)
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, for some reason, when u mentioned WOT

First thing that came to mind was "War on Terror"
So, that came to "Hmm, so its true that civics drivers run faster when faced with life danger" ....GODZILLA!!!
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Bwahahahaha
Old 11-04-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy the last days of your auto trans before it dies lol. and riceboy is correct, the car uses a different fuel map when the pedal is floored.
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
enjoy the last days of your auto trans before it dies lol
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Yay, a reason to get a new car?
Old 11-04-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well if you think like that, might as well sell it now before the trans breaks and get more money for it.
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

True, but my parents wont pay for a new car for me....less mines borked.

I'll bang my civic till it dies, too fun.

Or maybe until i manage to save up like 4k so that I can trade it in for a Tc
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I'd hella rock a Tc
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'd hella rock a Tc
Yeah, the mods for it looks so nice, even if it's slower than a civic, i would get it just for the looks
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

dezod does a lot of Tc stuff. I think that was the platform they were working with the most after the 7thgen
Old 11-04-2010
Premium Member

i like the first gen tc, second one is ugly, third one i wont even talk about.
Old 11-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

First gen Tc for sure. The second looks like they were trying too hard at being "edgy"

and I don't think I've seen any official pics of the proposed 3rd gen
Old 11-04-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I like the TC honestly.But here in South Cali,you see Scions EVERYWHERE.Young people driving TC's left and right.The commercials of the TC used to have a concept like stand out of all the other people who own other cars.But now that doesn't really work since the TC's are everywhere.
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

I actually like the 2009 model of the TC, because of the newer tail lights, and headlights

The 2011 is horribly disgusting
Old 11-05-2010
Premium Member

i guess edgy is your way of saying "ricey" lol. the ebay heads and tails killed it. dont know what they were thinking with that one. it actually looks like they bought em off ebay and installed it at the factory.

First gen Tc for sure. The second looks like they were trying too hard at being "edgy"

and I don't think I've seen any official pics of the proposed 3rd gen

Last edited by gearbox; 11-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2010
Premium Member

the 3rd gen looks like someone flattened it with a car compactor a little bit. just enough to smash the roof in. and installed kia tails. and a marine animal front bumper.

Old 11-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i kind of like it it has potential.
Old 11-05-2010
Administrator
Administrator

damn, it has an ugly ***.. it looks alright from the doors and forward, but once you hit the line where the door meets the rear quarter panel, it gets fugly. If they rounded off the roofline, it'd look better, and get some plastic surgery to fix it's ugly ***. I think it's the tail lights and it's uncharacteristically flat back end.

and by edgy, yea.. I got nothin. lol.. That's the first word that came to mind.
Old 11-05-2010
Kenny the Ricer

It looks like a failed attempt to copy the Accord's design
Old 11-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gearbox
the 3rd gen looks like someone flattened it with a car compactor a little bit. just enough to smash the roof in. and installed kia tails. and a marine animal front bumper.

Yuk! I like the old ones better!
Old 11-05-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Huh,it does look like an Accord.Also like a Nissan Altima.
Old 11-05-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I like how this thread went from talking about extra torque by doing X method above to talking about the Scion Tc.
Old 11-05-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Whatever goes goes :P
Old 11-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hella rock a Tc
You and every other Asian chick.
Old 11-05-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
You and every other Asian chick.
and Asian chicks that drive Tc's are usually hot.

But I'd still rock the Tc nonetheless. Unless you're calling me an Asian chick, then I hate your face
Old 11-05-2010
Kenny the Ricer

You cant tell me this isnt a sexi beast

Okay, well maybe not the hood, I would stick with OEM style CF hood

Img taken at Sacramento Stance of the Union by yours truly
Old 11-05-2010
Administrator
Administrator

and if a hot Asian chick drove that, I'd fuc.k the **** out of her. On the hood. Lol.
Old 11-05-2010
Kenny the Ricer

And the Rear

I'd definately tap that too

Quick Reply: Anyone else experience this?