General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

10 weeks for registration?...WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
10 weeks for registration?...WTF!

So I got a ticket for not having registration on Sept 21st. The next day I sent in the title/registration/license plate paper work by mail to the California DMV. Yesterday (nearly 10 weeks later) they finally processed it. WTF Cali DMV? you suck! I haven't been able to drive my car for 2 1/2 months cause of your lazy asses.

I just bought a truck about a week ago and I am going to hand register it when I go on leave (I am stationed in NJ) to Cali at the end of this month! Or else I won't be able to drive it until spring.

Has anyone alse registered by mail and had a similar problem?
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mac823 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 10 weeks for registration?...WTF!

Registered by mail too...it had to go to the office in Sacramento and it took 5 weeks to get my tags. I called the DMV up about it and (after waiting 30 mins on hold) they said if I get pulled over that the officer will see that the car is registered. But I didn't want to get pulled over in the first place. So retarded how long it takes! And mine said I HAD to mail it that I couldn't go into a DMV.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Cali and I mailed mine and it took two weeks or so to get back. But for sure no more than 3 weeks.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

AAA for the win. I do everything through the AAA office.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
AAA for the win. I do everything through the AAA office.
Really? You can register your car through the AAA?
I had no idea. I might talk to them next time.
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Really? You can register your car through the AAA?
I had no idea. I might talk to them next time.
Its a member benefit. Get is smogged if necessary, walk in with registration, pay registration, leave with sticker. No waiting for bum **** ever for the dmv to process and mail you your sticker.
Old 11-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Triple A DMV services are top notch

Unlike Cali's DMV offices.
Furlough days, budget cuts, short staff dont help either.
Blame the Govonator
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Its a member benefit. Get is smogged if necessary, walk in with registration, pay registration, leave with sticker. No waiting for bum **** ever for the dmv to process and mail you your sticker.
Can they get me plates and title also?

That's what I was gettting this last time.