General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Which car insurance to do carry??
AAA
9.47%
Esurance
0%
Allstate
13.68%
State Farm
16.84%
Geiko
8.42%
Progrressve
10.53%
other
41.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Car insurance What do you carry??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Question Car insurance What do you carry??

What car insurance do yo carry? What do you like or dislike about them???

If you select other, specify which company please.

What do you know about Esurance.com???

thanks for participating.
Old 09-19-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i like them cause towing is free, if i am somewhere lost it has an AAA thing with it. meaning gas if i run out, towing if i need it and help too. and its all free. plus i only pay 100 bucks a month full coverage.
Old 09-19-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Geico, and I luckily have only had one claim, and they did a very, very good job with it. I highly recommend them. FYI=You spelled Geico wrong in the poll.

Last edited by Echelon04; 09-19-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2005

JaegerBomb is an unknown quantity at this point
I have State Farm
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Dondada79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Geico here.

still pretty new with them. haven't had to submit a claim *knock on wood.

everyone i speak to say's Geico's rates are the lowest if you have a clean record.

Queens, New York - minimum liability = 900 / year

Dada
Old 09-19-2005
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
this is cool and alot of help. Keep it coming.

thanks
Old 09-19-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
USAA and progressive underwritten to USAA for my Motorcycle
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by chicohonda02
What car insurance do yo carry? What do you like or dislike about them???

If you select other, specify which company please.

What do you know about Esurance.com???

thanks for participating.
I WENT WITH INFINITY INSURANCE, I LIKE THEM CAUSE AAA RATES ARE SKY ROCKET WITH MY DRIVE RECORD. DON'T LIKE THEM CAUSE THEY ARE NOT AS BIG AN OFFER MORE LIKE ALLSTATE, AAA, STATEFARM ETC....
Old 09-19-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I have nationwide......they haven't let me down yet
Old 09-19-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by njerry
I WENT WITH INFINITY INSURANCE, I LIKE THEM CAUSE AAA RATES ARE SKY ROCKET WITH MY DRIVE RECORD. DON'T LIKE THEM CAUSE THEY ARE NOT AS BIG AN OFFER MORE LIKE ALLSTATE, AAA, STATEFARM ETC....
Chill with the caps.
Old 09-19-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm 21, i live in poughkeepsie NY and i got progressive (been with them for a year)
i got full coverage inc. collision w/ $500 deductable on my 2001 civic
my record isnt that clean with 2 tickets and an accident plus i took the defensive driving course (saves a few dollars well worth it) i think i'm paying about $2,600 a year

just so you know rates are based on where you live, how old you are, if your married/have kids, your credit score, and you driving record... so some one who lives in NYC will pay more than someone who lives in anywhere VT
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Eightball will become famous soon enoughEightball will become famous soon enough
I have Progressive. Full coverage, w/ $1000 deductable. I pay around $1000 a year.
Old 09-19-2005
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i'm under my dad's insurance "safeco insurance" or some crap like that.. i think i'm gonna switch it to USAA though..
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

20civic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry, i accidentally voted for AAA, but i don't have it anymore. i have state farm cause i had two tickets and it was getting too expensive. state farm gave me a better deal. AAA was good though. i had to make several claims, and it was pretty easy to do. no hassle at all. i do still have AAA roadside assistance i think through my family though. i think...
Old 09-19-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
state farm is what I have for like 2 or 3 years.. good service but other insurance maybe cheaper.. i didn't really bother to find a better quote because I like my agent...
Old 09-19-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
I have The Hartford. I happen to sell car and home insurance for them, but they also got me the best price even without an employee discount. I had Esurance for about 2 years, they were fine, the only thing was that my claim was handled completely over the phone, no local adjuster at all. Other than that they were fine. If you guys got any insurance questions, let me know, im licensed in 48 states but unfortunately that doesnt mean i can sell you guys insurance. lol
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
www.wawanesa.com
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
I have Progressive.. I'm paying about $2400 a year but I really messed up my driving record when I first got my license at 16.. I never lost it but came close. I've made one claim with them for about $3200 and they had my car fixed in about a week and a half after the accident. I guess that isn't too bad? I was with Unitrin but I was paying $3600 a year... then I found Progressive and when i saw it was that much cheaper, I switched right away. Oh that's for way beyond the state minimums, $250 deductible for both collision and comprehensive, and $2000 "custom parts coverage"
Custom parts coverage is pretty cool (I've never had a previous company that had this type of coverage), basically.. lets say I had a body kit and cracked it because I hit a one of those cement parking things, it would be covered.. or if my rims got stolen or anything like that, insurance would pay for what I had instead of stock parts.
If I dropped that coverage, went with state minimums, and raised my deductible, my insurance would probably be about $600 a year cheaper or so...
I'm also a AAA member, I never got a quote for insurance through them but I do like the roadside assistance they offer.. highly recommended.
Old 09-20-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
I use triple A, bit too expensive though.
May look for another company to switch it.
Old 09-20-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
dont go with those crappy over-the-phone insurers.
my parents are insurance agents themselves. They get more people coming to them cause of the terrible service of progressive, safe auto, and many others, than you would ever believe.
I wont say who they work for, but I will say find a place with an agent that you can talk to. Also make sure that agent is NICE and willing to go out of their way for you or the insurance company will screw you and no one will care!
Old 09-20-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
I work for a "crappy over the phone insurer." We also happen to be one of the highest rated insurance companies with a customer renewal rate of 92% and people who have a claim with us renew their policies 98% of the time. I speak with many people each day who hate their local agent, and on top of that many local agents write incorrect policies (which is fraud) and scam the customer out of money or coverage, sometimes both. So you saying "dont go with those crappy over the phone insurers" is fine, but i can just as easily say "dont go with those lying cheating local agencies." If anything, an over the phone company is monitored more closely than a local agent ever could be. Every call we take is recorded and available to be listened to for many many years, so if there is an error at some point, we can find out where it happend and fix it. Also over the phone companies are very legit and often provide excellent service. Also many local offices are just figure heads, they are a middleman. When you call an agent to add a car to the policy, they take the info and call their company. When you do it over the phone, you are actually speaking with the person who is changing your policy right then. Seems to me like that would be much more reliable. Thats not true with all companies and there are exceptions in every situation, but i think the odds are better than a local agency. Maybe thats just me.

Last edited by soonercivic; 09-20-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I have AAA. Tried others but came back to AAA. I pay $1400 a year for full coverage on the civic and liability on my truck. My insurance has actually gone down every year with AAA, but I have a clean record. I also carry Autoclub membership with a 200 mile free tow limit. Unlike some other insurance companies, they don't INSTANTLY cancel my policy if the payment happened to get lost in the mail. Another plus for AAA is that they spread the payment evenly across 9 months, which a lot here don't do. Most insurances in LA want lump sum, or 2 big payments, or a huge down.
For me at least, with all the discounts AAA gives, it's so far the best deal. In Los Angeles, anyway.
Old 09-20-2005

Here is an interesting site to look at. This shows what 10 states have the highest insurance premiums. Some of you guys complain about your costs, just think, it could be worse.
1. Texas
2. Louisiana
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. D.C.
6. Kansas
7. Mississippi
8. Alaska
9. New York
10. Colorado
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9117805/

Last edited by soonercivic; 09-20-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
I have USAA....
$125/month for full coverage with 500 deductible for 2 cars (04 element, 02 solara)

Not bad considering I have 11 tickets and 2 suspensions on my record
Old 09-20-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by soonercivic
Here is an interesting site to look at. This shows what 10 states have the highest insurance premiums. Some of you guys complain about your costs, just think, it could be worse.
1. Texas
2. Louisiana
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. D.C.
6. Kansas
7. Mississippi
8. Alaska
9. New York
10. Colorado
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9117805/
And I live in Number 1. Texas, My insurance is cheap compared to most and thats with new vehicles and a motorcycle but also with a squeeky clean record ( knock on wood)
Old 09-20-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
im with USAA
Old 09-20-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kind of off the subject, But does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure an engine? IE a K20! So like say my car gets totalled or soemthing i can get money back? Right now i use AAA and all they will insure is like stero and stuff like that.. so i was jsut wondering. Any help would be great.
Old 09-20-2005

Originally Posted by k20txem2
Kind of off the subject, But does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure an engine? IE a K20! So like say my car gets totalled or soemthing i can get money back? Right now i use AAA and all they will insure is like stero and stuff like that.. so i was jsut wondering. Any help would be great.
you need to look for a company that will add an endorsment on your policy for customization, it may be a specialty company. most companies either will or can suggest one. try an insurance broker instead of an agent, they will represent multiple companies instead of just one so you have a better and easier chance of finding something.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Nates02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have American Family Insurance, I pay about 95 a month for full coverage with 500 deductable, and my girlfriend pays like 145 a month for the same coverage on her Catera on my policy too, her's is a bit higher since she's younger.
Old 09-21-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by FALKEN
im with USAA
ove those end of year dividends!

Quick Reply: Car insurance What do you carry??