General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

radio removal for '02 rsx type S

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bradmanuwf will become famous soon enough
radio removal for '02 rsx type S

hey guys, does anyone know how to remove the factory radio on an '02 rsx type S? I know this is an 7thgen forum, I'm hoping someone knows. If not, I'm headed to honda-tech....thanks guys
Old 05-17-2005
Registered!!

milk242 is an unknown quantity at this point
clubrsx.com
Old 05-17-2005
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Radio Removal for the RSX is very similar to the 7th Gens.

1. Carefully pry and snap off the trim piece that holds the cigarette outlet in place located right above the cup holders. Careful not to bend it to much because it will break, pull outward.

2. Unplug the cigarette outlet plug and unbolt the (2) 8mm bolts that hold the radio bracket to the chasis, (exactly like our 7th Gens.)

3. Unsnap the Center dash piece however way you want to. I don't know if you ever took out your radio on your 7th Gen. Gen but they are a P.I.T.A. usually can push out from behind so you don't risk messing your dash up. This is very trick though but you will get it.

4. After you pop out the dash it is very straight forward after that, Again just like our civics. You're going to have to order that kit though because usually stereo shops don't carry the dash kit for the RSX.

5. Oh yeah I just noticed that you have a Type-S which is BOSE, so your not going to be able to use a regular Harness. You're going to have to either tap into the Bose Amp underneath the Passenger seat or run new wire to each speaker. I would rather integrate into the amp. I don't know the wire colors off the top of my head but I work tonight and can get those for you when I get home from work!

Good Luck
Old 05-17-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
copying thread to rsx forum