General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Official: 8th gen civic thread (UPDATES on first post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Official: 8th gen civic thread (UPDATES on first post)

This thread is being created so everyone can talk about the 8th gen civic once it is unveiled. Otherwise we are going to have 30 million different threads about the unveiling. If someone wants to talk about specifics, such as a new powerplant or new suspension system, whatever it may be, then a thread can be made for that.

However, general chat about the 8th gen civic and it's unveiling should go here.

This article is from vtec.net on this page here.
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=327617
200HP Civic Si Concept points at future direction for new 2006 Civic Si Coupe

CHICAGO, Feb. 10, 2005 - The Civic Si Concept, making its world debut today at the Chicago Auto Show, provides a strong indication of the styling and performance direction for an all-new production Civic Si Coupe scheduled to debut later this year.

The production Civic Si Coupe will serve as the performance leader for a completely redesigned 2006 model Civic lineup that will feature more emotional styling, added performance and the latest generation of "intelligent" i-VTEC engine technology. The 2006 Civic lineup, launching this fall, will include a 4-door Sedan, a 2-door Coupe and Si Coupe, an even more fuel efficient Civic Hybrid and a natural-gas powered Civic GX.

The Civic Si Concept celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si legacy in the U.S. and builds on its performance heritage with a 200-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm red line, mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type limited slip differential for improved launch traction and cornering performance. Other performance features of the Civic Si Concept include 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, 225/40R18 high performance tires and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.

"The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the most powerful, fastest and fun-to-drive Si we’ve ever put on the street, and the Civic Si Concept sets the direction in terms of its styling, package and performance," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "It’s part of a new family of Civic vehicles that build on the already class-leading values of the Civic in terms of safety, styling, performance and fuel efficiency."

Designed as an "Advanced Personal Compact," the Civic Si Concept incorporates a sweeping roofline and ultra-fast windshield rake that highlights the vehicle’s advanced one-motion profile, low and wide stance, and superior aerodynamic performance. The long trunk deck, with its frontward sloping bumper, accents the forward motion conveyed by the overall vehicle shape. Wheel openings have been optimized to minimize the gap between the tire and the body. Special aerodynamic features include a full front and side aero kit, rear deck wing and a lower rear bumper diffuser with an integrated center exhaust system.

The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the sixth generation Si, which first appeared as a three-door hatchback in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002. The production Si will make its world debut at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in November. The Civic Si Concept was designed at Honda R&D America’s Los Angeles design center.
This is a CONCEPT Civic Si. Honda has stated this is the final concept before release of the production Si for 2006. I would imagine the production version will retain much of what is seen here, as that is typical of honda.

More pics courtesy of vtec.net:
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=327854

hi-res pic:
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/uploa...6BD65129AB.JPG

anybody else notice it says Si CONCEPT on this pic?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brakes.jpg
Views:	6004
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	47170   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	6475
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	47171  

Last edited by S2000man01; 02-10-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

gnat1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say the best thing to do would be for someone to post the pics on the first page of this topic so everyone can know where to find them.
Old 02-09-2005
G'z UP

Killacamshaft has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ive Heard That The New Power Plant Is A 1.8 Liter Sohc Vtec 130 Crank Hp(ex)
Old 02-09-2005
www.8thgencivics.com

nikoscivicex is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ Wow .1 more liters again!
Old 02-09-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Killacamshaft
They are Fu(cking if they do that man....
Old 02-09-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by nindoo; 02-09-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Originally Posted by _Viper_
They are Fu(cking if they do that man....
why?

civic has always been underpowerd and still out sells the competition, if it aint broke why fix it?
Old 02-09-2005

Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
why?

civic has always been underpowerd and still out sells the competition, if it aint broke why fix it?

I agree with Horror Skopes on this one. The mainstream civic needs to be peppy no doubt, but fuel economy and ultra low emmissions are very important as well. There needs to be a general civic for the every day person and an SI for nut cases lik us .
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
wow i cant wait until they relase it tomorrow i wish i could go to see it
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

phatcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Why cant they just kill off the D-series motors all together though. They could come up with smaller K series engines, or simply use the current K20 in ULEV form. the D series motor is almost 20 years old now, its time for it to die.
Old 02-09-2005

Something is odd someone keeps blocking the lightenend image i put on geocities.com

Last edited by nindoo; 02-09-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2005
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
the brakes look real nice!! it looks hot so far
Old 02-09-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Killacamshaft
whered u hear that noob....give us a site to look at.
Old 02-09-2005
ctv
Registered!!

ctv is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got the new Autoweek and its in there, if i had a working scanner id scan it
but the rear looks more like the pontiac G6 coupe rear
no info on the power plant. the front grill is like the accord coupe or hte new saturn sky with a chrome bar going across with the 'H' in hte center like saturn does
Old 02-09-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nindoo

Something is odd someone keeps blocking the lightenend image i put on geocities.com
That is a sweet *** Civic and If that comes out im getting one for sure
Old 02-09-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ctv
i just got the new Autoweek and its in there, if i had a working scanner id scan it
but the rear looks more like the pontiac G6 coupe rear
no info on the power plant. the front grill is like the accord coupe or hte new saturn sky with a chrome bar going across with the 'H' in hte center like saturn does

Interesting
Old 02-09-2005