General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Need some help

Hey guys, i put this in here because i figured people will read it quicker here and I need help soon. My car's check engine light came on. I know about thing so i got gas and came here to work, which isn't far. should I disconnect the battery to reset the codes. Also i disconnected the battery a few days ago to put my spoiler on and i was reading in the manual that the codes may be throw off. where can i check to see what code is thrown and how do i fix it??? I am supposed to drive home to CT tomorrow so i don't want to have to take it to the dealer. I did that last time and it was just because of the gas cap. Please help!!!
Rob
Old 12-27-2001
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Wish I could help. But if worse comes to worse, just take it to the dealer. Better than just leavin it like that. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2001
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Are you around 10,000 miles? It comes on then to remind you of the maximum time of the first oil change. If not, then tighten the damn gas cap and reset it. Then drive around a little longer and see if it comes on again. I wish we could read those error codes, but you'de need some kind of computer that hooks into the ECU. Only Honda has those.
Old 12-27-2001

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Its not the maintenance light grey it is the check engine light. so if i disconnect the battery for like 5 min it should reset right?
Old 12-27-2001
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Oh, there's two different ones? Hum... I don't think I knew that.

Hey, try this: "Push and hold in the trip odometer. Turn the key to "on" and wait till the maintenance light goes off." - SlvrEX5spd

Maybe that works for the check engine light as well?
Old 12-27-2001

Well i disconnected the battery and tightened the gas cap. The light went off when I started the car so we will see when I drive home!