General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

in all reality

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
in all reality

in all reality, how much hp can we get out of our cars? no engine swap, just plain old turbo, A/H/E, pullies, nitrous, and other bolt ons. just with the engine that is in there. Just curious
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

Zillaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't care what anyone says, the only correct answer to that is: We Don't Know Yet.

That is the bottom line. Time will tell.....
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
A four cylinder VTEC engine has the potential of providing up to 500 hp....or at least that's what my "High Performance Honda Handbook" states. Is that true or not, I don't know.....but I would think that's very possible, being that there is so so much you can do to these cars. But if you want your car to stay legal, I would say closer to 250 - 275 hp.
And that's with a turbo or supercharger.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

AFlyer is an unknown quantity at this point
plain old turbo?? as if it were no big deal? anyhow, i agree, it will take time to tell.
Old 12-12-2001
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I think that 275 would sound better if a bit of motorwork would be included there. Otherwise we would be assuming that the turbo ALONE would provide about 150 horses. That's a pretty big turbo...either that or boostin a sh*t load of psi.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
with 9.9:1 compression you are only going to be able to run 8-9 psi MAX before that puppy melts down - or you get detonation from hell. I think at that boost level the car would put out probably 200-210 hp. If you port and polished the heads did some cam work and tuned the hell out of it I think you could probably get away with 225-235hp but that's it. Those stock guts won't take more than that.

reliably you are probably looking at 7.5 psi probably right around 200-210 hp.