General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

do they have camera on it??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001LX is an unknown quantity at this point
do they have camera on it??

does the machine that display the speed of cars approching have a camera on it? if u go over the speed limit does it automatically take a pic? (talking about the display that cops put on side of road that display ur speed in 2 huge digits)
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

AFlyer is an unknown quantity at this point
don't think they have cameras, but i guess it would really depend on the department. in colorado there are cops that sit in vans and take pics of speeders, and there has to be a sign before the van warning that photo radar is in use. don't know how it is anywhere else.
Old 12-05-2001
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
i hope not cause if you go by like at 26mph in a 25...is that seriously a violation?? c'mon! only 1mph!
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I know in Naperville, IL they do and if they want to they can have a ticket sent to you with your speed and your license plate number on it, the ticket that is sent to you is for $150 and is non-contestable.

They suck big time.

Joe
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
2001LX:
those signs quite likely don't. Usually they are just put there to make you aware... and they pull over the odd person during those traps. I wouldn't be too panicked... though as aflyer stated... it depends on the police department
We're lucky up here in BC.. the new gov't cast photoradar into the depths of hell to make good on one of their campagne promises.

Topfuel - as per the 1mph violation...
In BC, it is stated in an official police pamphlet that they WILL NOT PULL OVER for less than a 10km/h violation.
I know a guy who has kept that pamphlet in his wallet for years and it has gotten him out of several tickets.
See if you can find some documentation of something like that in your department
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

well.. it's not just a sign, it's a sign with some machine attached (a radar) and it displays ur current speed on it's display as u pass by. i'm sure there's no one near it, it's just a machine ...

lol [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] i didn't notice what speed i was going, but i remember i was around 4k rpm so i couldn't be going too fast...
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

$150 ?!?! holy crap ... i remembered that i slamed on the brakes when i was about 20 feet from it... don't know if it got me

hey Brill what do u mean by pull over the odd person? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] there's no cop how do they pull u over...

thx for reply [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2001
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope not !!! It always causes me to speed up to see how fast I can get the thing to read out.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

Micks2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude if you go by those at like nine miles over they turn red i went past one at 40 in a 25 and then some one told me that there were cameras in them. so then iwas like if there is i am screwed but nothing happend so i dont think so. look at the actual thing above the display there are like two holes ones the radar and the other is a E light or a reflector not a camera.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

MiltownVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, we had one of those here on a side street in milwaukee, I got it up to 96mph. Someone said they take pictures, but i havent gotten a ticket in the mail yet.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

Jochij is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen those but i doubt they would have a camera attached if it did it would probably warn u or something.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

AlphaInfinity is an unknown quantity at this point
All it does is display speed. I am fairly certain they have to post a sign saying that photoradar is deployed, and violaters can be given a ticket. They post those around school areas, and the main pourpose of those machines is to record speeds of vehicles, and then average that out.

It helps the department determine wether or not they need to put an officer there to start handing out tickets.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

pimpedcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I hope not !!! It always causes me to speed up to see how fast I can get the thing to read out. >>

LOL!!!

I forget exactly where it is but in Illinois somewhere they have big white lines so far apart and they have helicopters flying and if you get to the second line too quickly they have a cop pull you over
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

LOL Bak [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

well then i guess it doesn't have camera in it... (hope so lol) if i haven't receive a ticket in a week i'll let u guys know [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2001
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
They have those speed radar signs around road construction. Sure play's hell with the radar detector. That sign sets it off and then it's easy to ignore them, so the cop sits down the road a ways and the sign radar masks his radar. So I got to where I hit the brakes at the first blip of any radar signal on the highway. The first one you ignore is the one that will get you a ticket.

On edit: They always have those construction zones at 55 or less and double the fine for speeding. Kinda handy for the local treasury.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice

<< $150 ?!?! holy crap ... i remembered that i slamed on the brakes when i was about 20 feet from it... don't know if it got me

hey Brill what do u mean by pull over the odd person? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] there's no cop how do they pull u over...

thx for reply [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
>>

well where I'm at... they take the occasional day and setup those signs on each side of the road... like a problem road where the common flow of traffic is 20k/h over kinda thing... then they hand out dozens of warnings and give a few tickets... they usually post the results in the newspaper a day or two later... saying "out of 1055 cars, 350 were going between 1 and 10 over the limit, and 20 cars were between 10 and 30 over the limit... etc"... "12 tickets and 30 warnings were issued..."

They are mostly just used for research and informing people of a problematic road.

That's here though... in my small hick town where the sign is like... massive technology [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw one on a side street around here once...When i was sure no cop around I floored it!! LoL!! Love seeing my speed in the RED ZONE!!