General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

type r coming to the states?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
type r coming to the states?!

i hope this isn't a repost...
motortrend.com civic type r

Honda hasn't publicly said the Type R is coming to the U.S.--but we say it's a done deal. If you're in the market for that kind of focused, high-commitment driving all the time, you'll love the Type R, though less-aggressive pilots may tire of it quickly.

if it does come... i might forget a about k20 swap and just buy this, haha.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
lets put the theory of economics into play here.

RSX-S is currenty Honda's sporty car and it retials for about 25k. It has some luxury features so that also adds to its value.

Civic Type R will **** on the RSX-S as far as sales go...... the Type-R will most likely outsell the RSX because it will be cheaper with the same power.

There is no point, financially, to bring the Type-R to America because the RSX-S is essentially the Type-R in the US........ the ONLY way you would ever find a TypeR civic pushing around 200 hp is if the RSX-S was taken of the market.
Old 09-22-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
itd still be cool though
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO

RSX-S is currenty Honda's sporty car and it retials for about 25k. It has some luxury features so that also adds to its value.

Civic Type R will **** on the RSX-S as far as sales go...... the Type-R will most likely outsell the RSX because it will be cheaper with the same power.

There is no point, financially, to bring the Type-R to America because the RSX-S is essentially the Type-R in the US........ the ONLY way you would ever find a TypeR civic pushing around 200 hp is if the RSX-S was taken of the market.
i agree 100%. I don't think honda would shoot themselves in the foot. especially with the estimated price they put there. i'm just saying, if it does hit states side, my name is going on the waiting list haha.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Agent9 should not be trusted
yeah, hell yeah. but then the people who dont know wouldnt beleive you...that would suck, I'd have to cary around the window sticker all the time to prove to ppl it was real and not like a kit or somthing.
Old 09-22-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
REEEEEEEEEEEEPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like as of 2 years ago when they said that in car and driver
Old 09-22-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
^^REEEEEEEPOST!!!!!!! lol.....ummmmm yeah.....
Old 09-22-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
just built your own Type R.......
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
i sent a letter to american honda motor co after reading the article and they wrote me back saying that most likely either the ITR or the CTR would make it to the united states probably until 2005 or 2006 and most certain it wouldn't be called a type R because of marketing reasons they were planning on bringin something close to a type R and im guessing their answer was the new 2005 rsx-s that has 210hp the new engine shares a lot of parts with the type r motor and those who have driven the integra and the new rsx=s they say its almost the same so for now we can call the rsx-s our "type R"
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

02ciVike is an unknown quantity at this point
They should just bring it over forget about economics. Bringing over the Civic Type R would revive interest in the Civic brand as a whole.
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats awsome, I would def buy one if it came out for 18g's!
Old 09-22-2004

TurboDreamZ is an unknown quantity at this point
go pick up a DC5 type R from canada... i mean its not THAT far away. for those that have like 25K to spend.. picking up a used one wont be that hard.. black dc5 type R 's are abundant over there like 7th gens in the states..
Old 09-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
i just wonder if young japanese kids drool about the type-s's... damn, all this for a letter on the car and some horsepower. you mod the car anyways, just buy what's there
Old 09-23-2004
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
I mean c'mon.... i'd much rather have the Type S. It's alphabetically superior. Everyone knows that S is both better and after R. Sheesh.
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

sp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of light
damn sweet deal.
Old 09-23-2004
/////ALPINE

thom has a spectacular aura aboutthom has a spectacular aura about
isnt it worth like 50k?
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
^ haha dont think so...

its just a type-S minus a few luxury amenties (no leather, no sound deadening, no rear hatch wiper, no A/C (?) not sure on thatone, etc). but it does get the ITR rims, Brembos, stiffer shocks/springs, more power, new tranny (although the new 2005 final drive makes it similar to the ITR anyways) and reclinable recaros.

so it should be just a little more expensive than the USDM Type-S.

skylines are worth 50 grand minus import costs to US shores.
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm, if this is true my coupe should be just about paid off by then!!!
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

jdmb16ahatch is an unknown quantity at this point
the us wont see a ctr the way u know it....if it came here id be a watered down terd compared to the real deal....ima take my *** to the uk or japan in a year or 2 find a wrecked typeR and build my own si/typeR easier to register a us civic than deal with customs trying to bring back a car that wont pass a us crash test and id rather have a civic than an rsx for some reason
Old 09-23-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
thats so sexy!
Old 09-23-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
you guys say that honda will never release the type-r here cause of marketing.

But you forget that in japan the sell the civic si, civic type-r, rsx, rsx-s and rsx-r and they seem to be doing fine.
Old 09-23-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO

why wouldn't they?!? it gives us the option between integras and civics again...cause, lets face it, the si SUCKS!!!!
Old 09-23-2004
Registered!!

jdmb16ahatch is an unknown quantity at this point
reality check there buddy WE'RE IN THE US we get crapped on when it comes to hondas since the dawn of the SiR we got crapped on the typeR dc2 still got crapped on....interior wasnt what u really wanted if u got one and knew better....the ep3 we got crapped on dc5 kinda getting better and thats where itll stop for now....i personally dont think we will see the ctr because it'll take away from the rsx which would be about the same price range and more power if it came how it is over there it would be at least 10 hp less (catylitic convertor) and probably have no recaros....face the facts there are not as many different cars over there either.....i may be wrong but i dont see it happening
Old 09-23-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Not going to happen.
Old 09-23-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
anythings better than nothing
Old 09-23-2004
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
who would buy the rsx-s if it did come! Acura exists mainly for the US market. If a US model of any Honda came close to even matching the "equivalent" of the Acura Models, Acura would lose out of a lot of sales. Then it becomes a styling and ameneties issue. Is that really worth 5-6k more? I don't think so but that just me.
Old 09-23-2004

Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
face the facts there are not as many different cars over there either
Do you have any idea how many cars Honda offers over there?

They have the Partner Van in 4 variations (1.5 EL, 1.5 GL, 1.6 EL and 1.6 GL)

They have the Integra in 2 variations (Type-S and Type-R)

The have the Insight with only one varation

Thet have the S2000 in 2 variations (base and Type-V)

They have the NSX in 4 variations (base, Type-S, Type-T and Type-R)

They have the Fit in 7 variations (1.3S, 1.3W, 1.3A, 1.3Y, 1.5S, 1.5W, 1.5A)

They have the Fit Aria in 2 variations (1.5W and 1.3A)

They have the Spike in 5 variations (W Type, A Type, Y Type, L Package W Type, and L Package A Type)

They have the Mobilio in 5 varations (XT, WT, W, A, and Y)

The have the Stream in 6 variations (S 1.7, S 2.0, SS, G 1.7, Absolute 1.7 and Absolute 2.0)

They have the Step Wagon in 5 variations (24L, G, B, 24T, and S)

They have the Odyssey in 4 variations (L Type, M Type, S Type and Absolute)

They have the Elysion in 6 variations (X Type, G Type, M Type, Type VZ, Type VX, and Type VG)

They have the Edix in 2 varations (20X/20XAWD, and 17X/17XAWD)

They have the HRV in 4 variations (Type-J, Type-J4, Type-J4, and Type-J4S)

They have the CRV in 2 variations (iL-D, and iL)

They have the MDX in 2 variations (base and exclusive)

They have the Element in one variation

They have the Inspire (4 door Accord) in 3 variations (Avanzare, 3.0TL, and 3.0TE)

They have the Civic Hybrid in one variation

The have the Civic Natural Gas Vechile in one variation (GX)

They have the Civic Ferio (sedan) in 5 variations (XL, X, X4, C and C4)

They have the Civic Type-R in one variation

They have the Civic in 3 variations (XS, X and X4)

They have the Vamos Hobio in 5 variations (M-Type, L-Type, Turbo, U-Package, and Pro)

They have the That's in 4 variations (That's, That's Turbo , Item, and Item Turbo)

They have the Life in 6 variations (Type-D, Type-D Turbo, Type-F, Type-F Turbo, Type-C, Type-C Turbo)

They have the Acty Van in 4 variations (SDX, SDX-N, Pro-A, Pro-B)

They have the Acty Truck in 6 variations (TOWN, SDX, SDX-N, STD, ATTACK, and ATTACK-N)

They have the Legend in 3 variations (Euro, Euro Exclusive, and Exclusive)

They have the Accord Euro-R in one variation

They have the Accord in 5 variations (24T, 24TL, 24S, 20EL, 20E)

They have the Accord Wagon in 6 variations (24T, 24T Exclusive, 24T Sport, 24E, 24E Exclusive, 24E Sport)

If you went to a Honda dealership that had only one of each model you'd have over 100 choices tochoose from.

If you look at some of these models on Hondas website, some share the same market, the exact same market. So why would it be such a big deal to have the RSX-S and the Civic-R? Even then the RSX-S would be just as fast as the Civic-R and would be much more luxurious.
Old 09-23-2004

I also could not find the 2 door civic or the 2 door accord ANYWHERE on Honda of Japan's website
Old 09-23-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
4 real
Old 09-23-2004
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
wavelebgth...whats uo with ur alphabet anomally....come on...think of a bette reason than that. i dont want u pissed off or anything just sayin. but the type r will sell better as far as the name goes...i mean look at the integra type r, it sells well and holds value even after the discontinued. so the best idea would be to bring it to the states for a year and test sales. if they do better than the civic si, bump it off and sell the civic type r. i personally would like a type r anyday over a si. wouldnt u?

Quick Reply: type r coming to the states?!