General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Accord Courtesy Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivNoir is an unknown quantity at this point
Accord Courtesy Car

well i had to take my car to the dealership for them to fix my drivers seat problem again as well as fix my passenger door where some fool keyed it. anyway this dealership has been really great. Mark Roberts Honda in Bartlesville, OK. it's about an hour from where i live. when i bought my car they had a much better price than any of the dealerships in Tulsa and they were a pleasure to deal with. so, they gave me a 4 door accord courtesy car to drive till they finish my car. i been driving it for about a week and a half now and i'll tell you i can't wait to get my civic back. it's an alright car, but there is no way i would take it over my civic. now if it was a 6 banger coupe i might consider it. well just wanted to pass that along and give Mark Roberts a good word. i found out the dealerships in tulsa don't give courtesy cars for stuff like this so i feel pretty lucky.

peace
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
lucky you.
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
How is the acceleration compared to our Civics? I know it has 150 hp, but it is also a lot heavier. And how does the handling and overall driving feel compare with ours?

Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i almost bought one b4 my civic,,,,,,,test drove em,, no way man,,,,,,,,,,,WAY to BIG,,,,,,,,,,,power wise,,,,,, i drove 4 cyl. accord and wasnt that fast,,,,,,,,,,,, then test drove a DX civic,,,,slower
Then test drove my EX,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,,bought it rigth there on the spot.........
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

i don't like the accelaration at all. of course it's an automatic and my civ is a manual so i'm used to pretty imediate response. when i gas it there is a small lag time before it kicks in and it seem to over rev., not much control. i don't like it at all. i'm pretty sure my vic could take it in the short run anyway. it just seems like a conservative family car. nice smooth ride. of course i feel like a total dweeb due to the fact that they have "COURTESY CAR" in huge white letters on the front and rear windsheild.

do any of you guys know if your dealerships offer courtesy cars? i figured most of them did but i'm coming to find out most don't.

Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
You're right, most Honda dealerships, at least those around here, do NOT offer courtesy cars..... And if they do offer, it's usually an older model that they know everybody will beat the $hit out of. So, you're pretty darn lucky... with an Accord too.
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
MY delearship would laugh @ me if i asked for a courtsey car!!!!!!!
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

well it sure as hell beats catching a ride and i feel better knowing they arent rushed and can fix my car right.
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I first wandered onto the Honda lot drooling over the Accords. See when I was car shopping - I wanted everything opposite from my old Mazda 323... so I wanted a HUGE car. The accord is just that... MASSIVE! I eventually settled on the civic as it was substantially larger than my old mazda, 4 doors, nice lookin, comfortable, AFFORDABLE... If I could afford an Accord, i totally would've gotten one. Unfortunately that's not the case in this shaky economy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
hey CivNoir, could you repost your pics? I want to see how it looks now with the pro-kit
Old 11-29-2001
Registered!!

yeah, i'll try to get them up tonight. at one time they were in the members rides but curiously they no longer are. maybe they were removed due to the infrequency of my posting here for a couple of months.