General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Would you believe someone broke into my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXWisdom is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometime between 3:00am and 5:00am on Sunday morning some idiot decided it would be really cool to bust out my driver side window and have his way with my baby.

Funny thing is they didn't take anything. He couldn't get my stock cd player out and decided that my checkbook wasn't interesting enough (though he did rummage through my glove box - And I guess the Dave Matthews and Jimi Hendrix cd's weren't interesting either because, while he opened up my cd case, he didn't take anything.

So now I am left with a busted window and no real reason behind it. I almost wish he had taken something just so I had some tangible reason to assume this was worth it. What's even worse is that the car was parked in my cul-de-sac right next to my drive way in a really nice neighborhood...

Question.... how much is a new driver side window going to cost me?! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

I just spoke with the parts guy at my local Honda Superstore and he told me the window (sans labor) would be $161.
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

Psxrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that. If I ever caught someone messing with my car, I'd kick their ****.
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that ... everything OK?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
its too bad insurance wouldn't cover something like that. that sucks dude.
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

RallyEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I grew up in a really small town that is quiet with little crime. A buddy of mine experienced the same thing (sorta). It was a Mercury Cougar (2 door car, they all were) and they broke the rear quarter glass behind the passenger door window.

They didn't touch the CD Player, or the $150 coat in the back, nor the 150 CD Case that was FULL that the COAT WAS COVERING... nor did they go for his subs that were in his trunk.

They stole $8 in change, quarters and dimes. That's it.

Senseless...
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope you got good comprehensive insurance [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2001
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
Man, that sucks! It's really bad when you can't even park your car in your own driveway anymore.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

Thanks for the support guys. Right now it looks like the insurance co. isn't going to cover it because my deductible is a little higher than the repairs so...

I guess this is just one of those times that sucks... but there isn't much you can do... thanks again...

Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

SoCalChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang, that sucks. At least you have good taste in music though! Something similiar happened to my mom. She left her Mercedes in her driveway, unlocked with radio's faceplate still on. Someone went in and tried to steal the radio, but they couldn't get it. Instead, they ripped up the wood around the radio and stole the faceplate. They left everything else in the car though. I wish when people want something nice, they would work harder to afford it instead of stealing someone elses stuff! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-05-2001
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
What makes me wonder is...instead of securing everything down such as a after market head unit, and stuff, why not just leave it be if you live in a low crime area? If you have it bolted down, they they are going to screw with other crap just to get to it. Let them have what they want so they don't mess up the other stuff. Now if your car is hecka hooked up, then this thing that im posting is completly wrong. I dunno just my thought.
Old 11-05-2001
Registered!!

NucRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, I had the samething happen to me. Unfortunately what he wanted were my 17" Enkei Rims. He Punched out the passenger side door lock and handle and jimmy rigged my Locked truck latch. He tried to start the car but due to my Auto Lock and also the passive alarm systme that my Honda EX has he couldn't do anything. He passed up 40 CD's, a PDA, and some tools. He almost got away with it but the funny thing was that the cops were actually doing there job . But they couldn't catch or find the thief. I did make the paper next day. HEHEH All in all it cost me $260 for my car to be repaired and a rim to be replaced due to damage done by them.

MAN do I hate Thieves, they must all DIE and BURN IN HELL!

I have added some new toys to stop that from hopefully happening again but I wish I could just add a shock system to paralyze the thief or thieves so I can beat the living **** out of them the next day.