General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

read this

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i did some search and have found some answers... but this one needs to be addressed to me now.
i've posted a question how often you wash and wax da car and yall posted dat once a week for car wash, and once a month for waxing..... well i havent had da time to keep up wid da cleaning and i have da car since MAY and frankly i have washed it twice, and waxed twice.
i always wipe my car almost everytime i got home i wipe da exterior of my car wid any paper towel, toilet paper.... anything i can grab at da time i will use it to wipe it. well one question..... does dat in any sort mess up da finish of my car? well im jus wondering since im constantly wiping it... maybe it would fade da luster faster. especially at fall when pollen kills our car wid pollen dusts all over it, wut do you do for maintenance specially fall?...... I HOPE IM NOT MESSING HER UP.
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

crazydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
You should be ok wipeing it off, but I wouldn't use a paper toil. Usa a nice soft cloth, or a shammie, or they make something just for that but I forgot what it's called, like a califonia duster or somtin like dat.
Old 11-02-2001
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Well crazydragon.... i make sure/ most of da time, i wipe wid dampened paper towel..... hehehhe [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disturbed.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
if you are just wiping it off, go with a large, 100% cotton towel. that will be safe for the finish. polyester is no good, so stay away from towels that have any of it in them. they also sell polishing cloths, but my experience with those is not that great. go with the towel. you can even keep on in the trunk or something.
Old 11-02-2001
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
California dusters are the best if you just want to wipe off your car. If you don't have one of those, use a 100% cotten terry cloth. I wash my car usually once a week and wax it every other week. Gota keep it shiny.
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

Firefly is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't wipe it with anything without washing it first. You'll be dragging all the dust and dirt on the body on the paint and u'll get light scratch marks everywhere.
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
firefly is right, thats the easiest way to put microscratches in your paint. (swirlmarks also) Also, never wipe your car off with anything dry, make sure it is sort of damp when doing so. (very bad if dry)
Old 11-02-2001
Banned

but do yall really wash ur cars once a week and wax once a month? damn dats sum hard stuff to keep up [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disturbed.gif[/IMG]
to tell you da truth.... im one of the people who doesnt have a garage, my car will be dirty because of different seasons(fall/pollen)(winter/freezing) no matter how hard i try to clean it up.
i maybe more diligent to wash on summer/spring..... but not fall/winter
i wonder what would yall do now to keep up wid ur cars now that its fall and winter is coming up.... my original question wasnt really addressed yet......

THANKS FOR DA FOLLOW UPS [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

Elusiv1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Firefly is correct you will be just draggin' the sand other rough materials across your clear coat therfor making the finish dull. Thats why we use soap...its lifts and suspends the dirt from our cars.
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
I was my car every Sunday. I have yet to put a good coat of wax on it, so I really need to do that. I keep up with the washing though. its like a sunday tradition after church.
Old 11-02-2001
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to wash it all the time...and wax it all the time 2.....all the fun went away after the first, second, third, and so on and so on dings appeard....now my car is dirty as hell, and i dont care!