Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

04 Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JMientkiewicz is an unknown quantity at this point
04 Rear Suspension

Hi new civic owner here. I have an 04 Civic SI.
It needs new rear suspension.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what type to buy? I don't want to go with OEM because I carry a lot of tools in the trunk, so there's always about 250+ lbs in there.
Don't want to spend more than 4-500$
Thanks
Old 08-28-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 04 Rear Suspension

USDM or Canadian Si?

Also, do you want to lower or stay stock height? Harder suspension, or more like stock?
Old 08-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JMientkiewicz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. It's a USDM. I live in NY. I want to stay stock height.
Probably a harder suspension so it doesn't bottom out with the tools, but I don't want an uncomfortable ride when there nothing in there. I was thinking of doing air ride so it would be adjustable, but it's way out of my price range.
Old 08-28-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If you want to stay stock height but want a higher spring rate to support your tools I would contact Ground Control and get some custom rate springs. That way you can a stiffer set for the rear and a little softer up front. You can explain what you want and they can suggest spring rates. They can also make them the same height as OEM so that you won't lower the car any. Any off the shelf spring is going to lower the car unless you go OEM.
Old 08-28-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Just my 2 cents. I lived in Saratoga Springs from Nov 04 to May 05, and I installed my tein super street coilovers while I was up there, lowered prolly 2" with minimal problems (I did get kinda stuck in my driveway once when my roommates and I neglected to shovel it and I thought it was packed enough for me to drive on.. lol). That setup (which I'm still rocking 11.5 years later) has adjustable dampering, so I can change the ride stiffness as I need to with the turn of a **** on the struts