I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2016 Coupe Premium Sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracy Riley is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Coupe Premium Sound

I have had my car for almost two weeks. Am I the only one disappointed in the "premium" sound system? It flat out doesn't go loud enough when I am riding with my windows down. The bass rattles too. FYI, this is a 46 yo Mom complaining.
Old 01-24-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2016 Coupe Premium Sound

Not Loud enough eh..? Factory stereos on some cars just plane suck.
You need to upgrade the whole stereo system.? with a amp good ones
i.e.

-JL audio
-Harmon Kardin and others stereo equipment can range ...

anywhere from $1.000 - $10.00 or more... is the norm.
for a super Loud awesome system good stuff don't come cheap ..! do Your research ...

Last edited by brags; 01-25-2017 at 03:11 AM. Reason: got loud spelled wrong lol
Old 01-24-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The bass rattles too.
Have you taken the car to your Honda dealer service department with this complaint?
Old 01-25-2017
Registered!!

Tracy Riley is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to play with the controls a bit before I asked the dealer about it. I traded a Chrysler 200 with stock Infinity sound system, that was flawless. I asked here to see if it is a true issue or my expectation is the problem. Part of it is the different frequencies on each XM channels. Some sound better than others. Plus the antenna is weak, so it cuts out where it never did in my other car.
Old 01-25-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

if it is a true issue or my expectation is the problem. Part of it is the different frequencies on each XM channels. Some sound better than others. Plus the antenna is weak, so it cuts out where it never did in my other car.
I'd suggest a visit to your dealership, test drive another identical car to compare. If it acts the same as yours, then we'd assume it's normal for the car.
Old 01-25-2017
Registered!!

Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracy, I have a 2012 civic lx with what they say is 160 watts.. I'm not a real big audio fan but i like to be able to hear my music clearly and i wasn't happy with mine so i did some research here and other sites. Then once i knew where i wanted to start i went to my local car stereo shop and talked to them and they suggested starting slow and maybe doing things in stages. so i first had a new head unit and front speakers installed. i documented how it sounded at different levels so i could compare and it's nice that i cn turn it up and it actually sound pretty good. before it would get loud to a point but muffled and not very clear. I'm thinking this year maybe adding an amp to help a lil more. the premium system has 6 speakers and not sure how many watts they say…
Old 01-26-2017

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy
Tracy, I have a 2012 civic lx with what
they say is 160 watts.. I'm not a real big audio fan but i like to be able to hear my music
clearly and i wasn't happy with mine so i did some research here and other sites. Then once i knew where i wanted to start i went to my local car stereo shop and talked to them and they suggested starting slow and maybe doing things in stages. so i first had a new head unit and front speakers installed. i documented how it sounded at different levels so i could compare and it's nice that i cn turn it up and it actually sound pretty good. before it would get loud to a point but muffled and not very clear. I'm thinking this year maybe adding an amp to help a lil more. the premium system has 6 speakers and not sure how many watts they say…

wow ...! 160 watts on a 2012..?

i wonder what my 2008 Civic DX stereo has for watts..?

the Factory Honda Stereo itself aint terribly bad, Loud enough for me.. only beef

i have with it is clarity compared to others i have listened to i might just

change all the factory Honda Paper speakers out.. because there a Joke...
Old 01-26-2017

My 12 LX sounds like it's only got about 20 "old school watts" per speaker. LOL
Old 01-27-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
My 12 LX sounds like it's only got about 20 "old school watts" per speaker. LOL
Set SVC = High & drive really fast.

Happy to finally get a pair of tweets myself.
Old 01-27-2017
Registered!!

Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

160 watts is 40 per speaker and thats only at max volume. I kept my factory rear speakers and even they sound better with just a new receiver.
Old 01-27-2017

Originally Posted by CraigW
Set SVC = High & drive really fast.
I usually leave the radio volume off in the car. Here lately, I am all about my commute being quieter than my work environment.

The truck has all the bumps, if I want to rattle the china cabinet in the neighbors house I could drive that more often.

The bike has a stereo, but it's worthless above 60 MPH or in a pack of other bikes.
Old 01-27-2017

Thumbs up Re: 2016 Coupe Premium Sound

these JBL speakers will fit the front doors on my 8th gen Civic Nicely...

there 3-way 180 watt speakers price is right to... under $70.00 for pair..

not including the Honda wire harness to connect them its $10.00 for the pair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO638_001_3000X3000_300dpi_dvHAMaster.png Honda civic.png
Views:	88
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	89472  
Old 01-27-2017

I'm really interested in these 6 & 1/2 inch GTO 638 JBL speakers...!

found them on Amazon even cheaper for $50.00 pair..!

whats your input on them...? I'm curious .....?

posting the web site up for all to see the fit and specs..!

www.jbl.com/car-audio/
Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

calonzo is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that the Premium Sound System in my 2016 Civic Touring is not as advertised. It sounds better than my previous 2007 Civic, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But it is in no way 450 Watts of power as advertised. But I think that is the way it is with all OEM car audio systems.