Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues & Fix-It If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2017 Civic Sedan EX-L 1.5T ticking noise at high speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inediai is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 Civic Sedan EX-L 1.5T ticking noise at high speed

I just got the car a few weeks ago. My car has about 180 miles. I just noticed every time i go above 65mph, i hear ticking noise from inside of my car. once it slows down to 60mph or below, the ticking goes away slowly but when i accelerate back to 65+mph and above, ticking sounds gets louder. Any idea? recall? warranty?
Old 02-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2017 Civic Sedan EX-L 1.5T ticking noise at high speed

Warranty. Go directly to your dealership..

MAKE SURE TO DEMONSTRATE THE NOISE TO A TECH OR ADVISOR (or maybe your salesperson) so everyone involved knows exactly what the noise is and how to duplicate it.
Old 02-28-2017
Registered!!

that's the sound it makes at highway 65+ mph
Old 02-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Some sort of interior or dashboard area rattle?

Remove everything of yours from the car, and make sure nothing is loose (spare tire and tools, etc.)......drive to to make sure the noise is still present....take it to the dealer for Warranty.
Again, make sure you take someone for a ride (preferably a tech, or the advisor who can make sure it's fixed before you get it back) and make the noise happen. (If you don't do this, nobody will ever hear the same noise you do)

Make sure it's actually fixed when you get it back.
Old 02-28-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Some sort of interior or dashboard area rattle?

Remove everything of yours from the car, and make sure nothing is loose (spare tire and tools, etc.)......drive to to make sure the noise is still present....take it to the dealer for Warranty.
Again, make sure you take someone for a ride (preferably a tech, or the advisor who can make sure it's fixed before you get it back) and make the noise happen. (If you don't do this, nobody will ever hear the same noise you do)

Make sure it's actually fixed when you get it back.
exactly. i did everything. it comes with below the dash. i took everything out. i made an appointment at the dealer this friday. i'm going to let him hear the sound. there was something on other forums saying i need to replace VSA module but yeh.
Old 10-29-2018
Registered!!

TripleJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inediai
I just got the car a few weeks ago. My car has about 180 miles. I just noticed every time i go above 65mph, i hear ticking noise from inside of my car. once it slows down to 60mph or below, the ticking goes away slowly but when i accelerate back to 65+mph and above, ticking sounds gets louder. Any idea? recall? warranty?
I would go back to the dealership if that’s where you got it