10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

buying 2017 Civic Touring Sedan - what extras?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hipfan99 is an unknown quantity at this point
buying 2017 Civic Touring Sedan - what extras?

I will be purchasing a new 2017 Civic Touring Sedan and want to know what accessories I should be purchasing with the vehicle. Sometimes it easier/cheaper to have them throw items in to make the deal work rather than purchasing after the fact.

What did you find important when you purchased... and what is something you regret not getting when you got your Civic?
Old 03-24-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: buying 2017 Civic Touring Sedan - what extras?

Welcome to the forum!

Splash guards, and the metal door edge guards are my 2 faves, at least they are most useful to me.

But that's my opinion.
Different people like different things.

Thumb through the accessory brochures, see what YOU think you want.
You can always DIY accessories if you are ambitious and want to save on labor fees.
You can purchase genuine accessories from online Honda dealers at wholesale prices,
and you can get installation instructions online too.

I bought my car without any add-ons. Plain Jane.
I purchased and installed things I wanted later on, at my leisure. You aren't limited to buying from the dealer either. You can find all sorts of neat stuff in other brands of cars, then find a lot of that stuff online.

(I know you said it's a Touring so it's already coming with a LOT of bells and whistles, but here's an example)
Like instead of getting a day/night mirror from Honda, you can go directly to the Gentex website and probably get day/night/compass/homelink, or even one with navigation built into the mirror.
Check out some of the stuff they offer: http://www.gentex.com/automotive/automotive-products
Old 03-25-2017
Registered!!

hipfan99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the comments. I'm new here, so your help is appreciated.
Old 04-03-2017
Registered!!

FLIPDAWG is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the 2017 Civic HB Sport Touring and it already comes fully loaded, not much else you need to do to it unless you want more performance.