10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

Key Fob Issue ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChrisStacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Key Fob Issue ?????

Hey Guys,
I have a 2014 Civic .Last night I was in the house watching TV when
my alarm/lights go off.???? The first thing I do is grab my key.Hit Open to turn alarm/lights off.Cool.It works.I then go outside to see what might be going on.
I hit the Open /Close buttons several times and notice the "click" that you always hear is getting weaker and weaker each time.I didn't check door to
see if it was locked or unlocked.I clicked lock.Got a faint click.Very faint.Almost nothing and hit it again to set alarm.Nothing.No blinking indictor or beep to let me know car is locked and loaded...First thing I think of now is battery in key fob.Been using this key (fob) since I bought the car a little over two years ago ( original battery).So I got get the spare key fob.Everything is working like it should.My question is will the battery going dead cause the alarm/lights to go off ?Went to dealer,they ,of course, have no clue.Their patented answer, " We have to see it happen to get any ideas ".....Put a new battery in the used fob.Tried it .All seems well.........Thanks for any input.....Had fob issues with my 09 Challenger ( among other things).Don't want to have that here too.....
Old 04-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Key Fob Issue ?????

I haven't seen it either...., and the alarm going nuts because a fob 50 feet away has a weak battery does not make sense to me at the moment.

Some of Hondas cars have the ability to report what caused the alarm to go off (maybe last 3 or 4 alarm events) if your dealer connects their scanner to the car and searches for it.
(I can't say if yours can report this or not, and I don't have an identical car in front of me to check)