10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

When will the recalled LX be back again?

Old 04-04-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiwei Luan is an unknown quantity at this point
When will the recalled LX be back again?

The LX with 2.0L engine was recalled, but that is the only trim with manual transmission.
When will this manual LX be back for sale, please?
Thank you, pros.
Old 04-04-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When will the recalled LX be back again?

I should hope that the dealers have the majority of the recalled cars inspected and finished by now. Maybe not all of them, but most.

I assume you found a manual trans car that you like already, call the dealer and ask if its recall has been completed and can be sold now.
Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had talked to a service manager a few weeks ago and he says that he has seen only 4 total of the 2016 Civic sedans that have a manual transmission. When I purchased my 2016 EX, they only had CVT's on the lot. I still miss being able to shift but the CVT is smoother than other automatic transmissions I've driven. It really does feel like continuous acceleration although I admit I haven't done any crazy floor-stomping acceleration.

Regarding the recall about the check for the incorrectly installed piston pin snap rings, I received the notice back in April. I was lucky. They used a boroscope to inspect, and mine were installed correctly. I think I read that 40000 Civics were possibly affected. I would think they would probably have finished with the recall by now.
Old 08-03-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I think I read something like fewer than 20 cars were actually found to have issues during those inspections. Maybe I'm wrong, I forget stuff.

I don't think we received any manual trans 16 Civics at my dealer. Seems like they just don't sell here, or maybe we don't sell them so we don't get any to sell.
Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
I think I read something like fewer than 20 cars were actually found to have issues during those inspections. Maybe I'm wrong, I forget stuff.

I don't think we received any manual trans 16 Civics at my dealer. Seems like they just don't sell here, or maybe we don't sell them so we don't get any to sell.
That's great news if it was only 20. I am sure Honda just took the extra precaution to check more. I am also glad that it was just an installation issue and not a design issue.