10th Generation Civic 2016-2021 Discussion for the 2016 to 2021 Honda Civics.
Chassis codes: FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4, FK4, FK7, FK8

2016 Sedan Impression

Old 12-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Sedan Impression

Not sure if anyone still used this forum, but i thought i'd drop in to give a review of the 2016 LX sedan i drove (they didn't have any ex-t's at the time).

First off the car is big, much bigger than my em2 and roomier than the 9th gen for sure. The driving position is very nice, i feel this car is much more driver centric than any previous civic i've driven (including the SI) everything seems to be within arms reach. The tech on the standard LX was pretty impressive. Def a big bang for buck vehicle.

The handling was impressive, very sharp and responsive. I really like the new steering wheel. It appears to be smaller, but don't quote that on me. The thing that impressed me the most was the sound deadening. Honda has finally stepped it up in that department. They def followed the current gen accord in terms of refinement. The accord is still a better commuter in my opinion, but the civic is not far behind.

Power, the power doesn't wow me, but it's a huge upgrade from previous gen civics. I believe the car has a detuned k20 and it responds well. I'm not a huge cvt fan, but it's not the worst car i've driven. All in all, i feel honda is making a huge comeback. More than likely going to buy a new si (if it competes with the Focus ST) or type r whenever they decide to release those.

Would i give up my BRZ for one, probably not. Would i consider one in the future to compliment it? Yes
Old 12-02-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Sedan Impression

Power, the power doesn't wow me, but it's a huge upgrade from previous gen civics.
If you find a 2016 with the 1.5 turbo, give it a whirl....and open it up a couple times, let it stretch its legs a little bit LOL.
I think it's damn peppy for what it is.

Then go drive an Accord V6 and mat the gas pedal a time or two...(up to the speed limit of course LOL).
Old 12-02-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
If you find a 2016 with the 1.5 turbo, give it a whirl....and open it up a couple times, let it stretch its legs a little bit LOL.
I think it's damn peppy for what it is.

Then go drive an Accord V6 and mat the gas pedal a time or two...(up to the speed limit of course LOL).
Buddy of mine just bought the Accord V6 that thing is stupid fast. Right up there with a g37.
Old 12-03-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back =D
Old 12-03-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Welcome back =D
Thanks. I like to peek around now and then. I still like this forum waaay beter than honda tech. Too many kids and trolls on there.
Old 12-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the marketing geniuses at Honda are off to a fabulous start with this car. All the hype on the reveals and all that but I don't think Ive seen a single Civic commercial on TV since the cars landed at the dealers.

According to one of the esteemed sales staff at my dealership, they aren't selling.
My dealer has sold ONE, and a dealer an hour away from me has sold ONE.
It's not looking good for the home team right now.
Old 12-26-2015
Registered!!

Civic15 is an unknown quantity at this point

The front of the new Civic sedan reminds me of a Ford Fusion. And not the new Aston Martin/Ford Mustang-esque Fusion, but the previous generation NASCARiffic Fusion. The rear end reminds me of a Volvo, which is now Chinese and I fear is a dying brand.
To get into an automatic Civic sedan for 2016 is over 20 grand... 20 grand gets you an all wheel drive HR-V, which to me in New England, is a far better deal.

I feel like this is a miss for Honda. But I hope I'm wrong!
Old 12-26-2015
Registered!!

Civic15 is an unknown quantity at this point

My bad, 20k doesnt get you an AWD Hr-v, but 22. Still, only $1800 more than a base Civic?

I dunnoo...
Old 01-16-2016
Registered!!

Phillip123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by djratrap
Buddy of mine just bought the Accord V6 that thing is stupid fast. Right up there with a g37.
The 2016 Accord seems fine to me!
Old 01-20-2016
Registered!!

Daniocal is an unknown quantity at this point

Traded in my Mini Cooper S on Monday for an Aegean Blue Civic EX and couldn't be happier. Not as quick as my Mini was but still feels sporty. As an overall car I am way happier. So glad to be driving a Honda instead of that poorly engineered Cooper.
Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I purchased a 2016 Civic Ex sedan with the CVT and 2.0L in December.

My initial impressions so far ...

Pros
-I really like the exterior styling especially the tail lights. The body looked weird in pictures at first but seeing it in person changed my mind.

-The dashboard is electronic so you can see different information. The average mpg indicator is my favorite. I believe you can also switch between Km and Miles which is cool if you are going out of the U.S. It has an oil life indicator. When your oil life is down to 15%, then you are recommended to get an oil change.

-The 7-Inch Display Audio with Touch-Screen is nice. You can connect your phone (through Bluetooth or USB) or your iPod, etc to it. When I was first getting used to the car, I would want to turn the A/C related ***** to adjust the volume or radio channels but that is done on the touchscreen. Adjusting the volume on the steering wheel is more intuitive.

-Also the rear view camera and the Honda LaneWatch camera on the passenger side are pretty cool features.

-The interior is really comfortable and the (black) fabric is stylish. The rear seats have a lot of leg room. I am 6'2" and even though I sit in the driver's seat, it was something I checked out before buying.

-I am getting an average of 35/36 mpg.

-Lots of trunk space which I don't really use haha.

- The CVT has really smooth acceleration that does seem to be continuous with no lag. (And I keep Eco mode on all the time.)

-It's fun to drive.

-Oh I live in AZ and it gets hot in summer, so the remote start feature is really nice too

Cons

-I actually feel like the wind noise on the freeway is louder than with my 2005.

-The dome lights in the front of the cabin get very hot when they are on for a while. You press them in to turn them on/off. They look cool. But it was uncomfortable to turn them off.

Last edited by fijiblue05; 08-05-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

whaap is an unknown quantity at this point

Living in Arizona are you happy with the performance of the AC?
Old 08-04-2016
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whaap
Living in Arizona are you happy with the performance of the AC?
One thing that I should have considered but didn't think about was that there are only vents in the front seats. I haven't sat in the back seat to test how well it cools off back there.

It does cool off nicely in the front seats for sure. My gas mileage was > 36mpg up until the last month when it's been really hot here. I've seen it drop to > 35mpg recently so I think it's related to how much I use the AC.