Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

LogicWavelength, drew22mader and dirtySAMURAIs Guide Automotive Photography *NEW PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks!

...and btw gearbox... the back of the car is kinda cut off on that last pic - you might want to address that! hehe
Old 09-24-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
the moonroof looks really messed up too lol
Old 09-24-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lol yea it was taken like that with the rear a bit chopped, old pic. whats wrong with the roof? its in tilt mode
Old 09-25-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
wow, thats a hell of a lot of good info. I especially liked drews section on manual camera operations. Its something ive been trying to learn, and thats helpin out a lot.
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
How about camera reviews...?

now i know how to take pics..
Old 09-25-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
whats wrong with the roof? its in tilt mode
its just the glare on the moonroof that had me messed up, looks like the weather stripping around it is peeling up
Old 09-25-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Devani
How about camera reviews...?

now i know how to take pics..
We can do a small breakdown to cameras but there are just so many out there that it would be hard to do a complete review, and we would just be copying someone elses opinion because us 3 haven't used prolly 1/40 of the cameras out there. But we have a feel of which cameras to use.

A really good starter camera for the dSLR i would suggest would be the:

Canon Rebel XT - 8mp Great Price with the 18-55mm kit lens.

Canon Rebel XTi (newest version) Great Price now 10mp, also added the larger screen but had to take out the control panel lcd. Now has a self cleaning system that shakes off the dirt and dust particle (not sure how effective this is).

Nikon D50 - Only 6mp but good for starters. Price for it just is too close to the Canon not to upgrade to the Canon XT series.

Then you have more advanced camera. But doesn't require an advanced knowledge.

Canon 20D, Canon 30D, Canon 5D, Canon 1DMark II N, Canon 1DMark II
Nikon D70, Nikon D80 (New), Nikon D200, Nikon D2xs, Nikon D2x, Nikon D2hs

Then after you choose a camera, it's time for Lens. Prepare you wallet and yourself because you are going to have more money in lenses than your camera. Stuff isn't cheap in the camera world, and you pay for what you get. All except for the 50mm f/1.8, aka Nifty Fifty. Takes crisp shots and is a must I think, and you can pick it up for next to nothing.

You should have a decent tripod, the $20 ones will work but don't offer the stability and features that the better tripods have. Remember, your paying $$$$$ for your camera and lens, why crap out and buy something that is just as important? Invest in a camera bag, i picked up my Canon Bag for like $40-$50. Helps with carrying stuff around and not getting damaged.

Lens filters, polarizers, UV Filters will be next. One of us will do a section on these: STAY TUNED!

Last edited by drew22mader; 09-25-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i have a fairly nice tripod for $20 i got at walmart has tons of adjustment stuff and even a level ball. not really sure what else you would need, it holds the cam any way you can think of.
Old 09-25-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
deffinately great peoples. +1 for you three!
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
My camera has ALL these settings and Ive been too lazy to learn how to use them. Thank you! Im gonna take some practice pics in the structure at school
Old 09-26-2006
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the guide....
here's my attempt...
Old 09-26-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
awesome shot. looks a little dark on the front and could be better if it were bigger/not so over sharpened.
Old 10-25-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
I can't believe I totally missed this thread. (4 weeks later ) This has some of the best documentation for photography. Great work guys!
Old 10-25-2006
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet info guys +2 today and i'll get dirty samurai tommorow ive given enough rep for a day

Last edited by bigainabuilt; 10-25-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Awww very good thread . Need to +rep you guys later.

Also, trying to save for new camera. Is this good?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1099394810083
Old 10-26-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it's a great camera, but it's old. the canon rebel xti is out now and you can purchase it for the same price as the rebel xt. you dont want to buy it at best buy if you want the best deal, though.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
black rebel xti with 18-55 kit lens for $899.95
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Thanks. Definently want to learn more about cameras.
Looked at your dirtySAMURAI.com photography, awesome pics bro.
Old 10-26-2006
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
awesome post. rep'd all around.
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
nice work!
Old 10-26-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
SHAMELESS PLUG:

If anyone wants to, check out my fine art photography site here's a link

BenArts

... I noticed I have no link in my sig yet - gonna fix that right now.
Old 10-26-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL I missed it too very very nice. Thanks for the postup I will read through it later. I was never any good at photoshop. Nice work btw.

Last edited by cg95660; 10-26-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2006
Registered!!

DustBuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
If anyone wants to, check out my fine art photography site here's a link BenArts
Ben, your photography is spectacular! How much time have you spent in Israel? I lived there for a year, and I love your photos.
...Spent a lot of time at the western wall myself!
Old 11-05-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Originally Posted by DustBuster
Ben, your photography is spectacular! How much time have you spent in Israel? I lived there for a year, and I love your photos.
...Spent a lot of time at the western wall myself!
I lived on Kibbutz Yotvata, down in the south. I was there for almost a year and would travel to the north to take photos every few weeks. Do you speak hebrew?
Old 11-05-2006
Registered!!

DustBuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Ktzat, avul ani mavin yoter m'mah sheani modaber.
Old 11-05-2006
7th Gen Photographer

gam ani, gever - gam ani! lol

where were you living when you were there? ...and lets take this to PM to not get too far off topic.
Old 11-28-2006
7th Gen Photographer

I will be posting an update soon covering colored and gradient filters and how to simulate them in photoshop (for those of you with point-and-shoots hehe).
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
soo which is better?D80 or XTi?can somebody tell me why its better then the other one..thanks in advance..
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

macH is an unknown quantity at this point
dang crazy write up man. props on the great work
Old 12-19-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Originally Posted by macH
dang crazy write up man. props on the great work
I hope you don't mind that I used a picture of your car as an example. LOL
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Dayam!! guud to see ya'll are still around... shiaaaat! i had no idea teh 7thgen name changed lol , dayam dayam dayam.... Cars are lookin guud guys!! and pix are doing really guud as well

Quick Reply: LogicWavelength, drew22mader and dirtySAMURAIs Guide Automotive Photography *NEW PIX*