Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
gearbox you are the sh*T! thanks bro
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

PiinkSox will become famous soon enough

my b/f took the picture last friday night. its my car and his car..."zorro" haha
he used a canon a620
Old 08-07-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
some of my recent stuff. hehe

Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all

Last edited by ruffryde009; 08-08-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I like those last 2, how'd you get that effect
Old 08-08-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
prolly drove the car slowly as it was taking. the lightning is pimp
Old 08-08-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
it may have been discusses but what are you uding to attatch the camera to the car?
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

im holding the tripod on to the car as someone is pushing and someone is steering... i did these shots with just me and my lil bro, thanks gearbox the place for it wasnt planned at all either just click to my head since it was a wide open parking lot, next time ill look for a place with little to no lines on the ground
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

PiinkSox will become famous soon enough

I just got my camera repaired! Taken with a Nikon CoolPix 5700
Old 08-10-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

spot what i photoshopped
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI

spot what i photoshopped
damn thats a cool pic!
Old 08-11-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah taht's tight
Old 08-11-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Heres one from Time Square

Messing around with photoshop

Last edited by drew22mader; 08-11-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
really nice lexus gs i saw at the dub show today:

Old 08-14-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I have a question.

Not based on comparison to any "X" camera, I want to know if this new camera is any good. And I do mean like really good for a DSLR amateur... lol.
I know it must be good quality and all because it's a Nikon but... just want to know... any good, technically speaking.

Nikon D80. $999 body-only; $1299 for the body with a 18-135mm lens.

Here are some links with needed info... click all needed. Haha.
Thanks.

Last edited by ramcosca; 08-14-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
If you can, pick up a consumer report mag. It has reviews on different cameras and tells you the good,bad,ugly about them. Purchasing a camera is all about what you want to do with it.
Old 08-14-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I had been interested on the Canon 350D DR XT but now... this camera...? And it's a Nikon, not some cheap-*** company. I saw the Sony Alpha and I was like... eh. Their first camera into DSLR, if I'm not mistaken... might have a few hicks here and there. But Nikon has, what, like 40 DSLRs already?

Just wondering if it's really good technically speaking for the price you'd have to pay for it.
Old 08-14-2006

sony picked up on konica minolta's line of dslrs. they are reputable. the sony alpha uses the nikon d200's image sensor, so it's not a shady camera at all.
Old 08-18-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ramcosca
I have a question.

Not based on comparison to any "X" camera, I want to know if this new camera is any good. And I do mean like really good for a DSLR amateur... lol.
I know it must be good quality and all because it's a Nikon but... just want to know... any good, technically speaking.

Nikon D80. $999 body-only; $1299 for the body with a 18-135mm lens.

My dad has a nikon D50(which I borrow on occasion) and it's fantastic. I've noticed that once you get past 5megapixel it gets harder and harder to tell the difference once you shrink it down for the web. Not only that, but the D50 has been the entry level professional model for some time. He was comparing it to the D70 and found that while the D70 had a better resolution, the compression software was slower than the D50. What's that mean in layman's terms? Means it may be possible to take pictures quicker and get to the next frame quicker with the D50.

Not only that but I'm sure you can score a D50 for cheaper than a grand with a decent lens.

That's just my .02 cents.
Old 08-19-2006
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Hey Dex, got those pics from NJ yet?
Old 08-20-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
XT with 17-85mm handheld.
1600 iso, No Flash.

'

My Other shots from tonight.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...26#post3999526
NWS

I didn't shoot these in RAW, Only had 512mb + lots of models to shoot.
Need to get bigger one.. before next show.
Old 08-26-2006

trying my hand at product photography

Old 08-26-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The Alpine faceplate i like, only thing, if its a product you might wanna have the whole thing in focus, the bottle of Cologne looks amazing.
Old 08-26-2006

thanks. i'll keep that in mind for upcoming shots
Old 08-26-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
damn that cologne shot does look awesome. you ever sell any of your pictures?
Old 08-26-2006

not yet...i might in the near future, or if you want something, let me know and i'll see what i can do about pricing.
Old 08-26-2006
Premium Member

i'm not it the market to buy, i was just curious. i had read something where there are sites that let you post pictures up, some are free others not. it works kinda like a database. companies that want a specific picture goto the sites, browse a category to find what they want. then they pay x ammount for it. something like picture stocks i think? you ever heard of that?
Old 08-28-2006

my new toy

Old 08-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
OMG that is a sweet looking hookah. Mine is like that, but yellow bottom and smooth
Old 08-29-2006
Banned

bought a lightsphere II didja?

Some pics of mine from a shoot I did recently as part of a workshop held by another local forum

Full album at http://www.2k4civic.com/albums/shoots/naturallight

Last edited by MegaHurtz; 08-29-2006 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: new photography thread