Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiviCoupe2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tons... These were taken at the Red Bull MotoGP races this past weekend... That Ducati chick was banging along with the other umbrella and ducati chicks...

I have most of 'em posted on clubrsx... This site only allows 2mb on my members page and I'm too lazy to register to image avenue, etc...

More...

Last edited by CiviCoupe2k2; 07-28-2006 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i gotta move to cali...
Old 07-30-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Old 07-31-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
A couple pics from my trip to Powell River on the weekend... Got into playing with the colors and stuff a little bit in Photoshop. PS is still all quite new to me so I'm trying to get over the learning curve...

Old 07-31-2006
Holler!!!™

Powershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to allPowershift is a name known to all
great pics Ryan!!
Old 07-31-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
yeah those are good pics Ryan

that one photo is a bit creepy though, looks like a bunch of snakes lol
Old 07-31-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice

Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
welll i kinda just figured out how to get that blurry backround on my camera, but there is too much noise in the picture... iso setting was at 100... any suggestions?

thanks

i think this one came out a lil better

Last edited by ruffryde009; 07-31-2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-02-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Traded the Tamron for this

Old 08-02-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
hmmm i just started to work for my mom at her deli...i'm delivering food. hopefully i get paid tip so i can afford a canon 580ex or two...
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Long time no see my 7thgen peeps!!!

i was hired on to take some pics for the Drift event... they didnt turn out the way i wanted, but they are ok i guess.

Well, personally I own a 2002 civic, however, i have many friends that are nuts about drifting.... Who isnt right??
haha....

WEll anywho's it was my first time taking photo's at a drift event....

SPONSORED BY:

MAN!!! did he come close....

IF you look over to the far right, you can see the piece of rubber that came off the tire in the air!!

i know, they didnt come out that well at all.... I need to work alot more with Panning with the objects.. but the sun was so harsh and i forgot my lense at home.
Old 08-03-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
the shots are too still. your sig is WAY too overwhelming.

gotta work on panning with longer shutter speeds. use a circular polarizer + neutral density filter to get the desired effect with the lens wide open. otherwise, stop down the lens to get less light and, thus, longer shutter speed.

happy shooting
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
02civic_rida where have you been? BTW I think you should post some pics in the calender thread.
Old 08-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
So why use a "jdm" new driver symbol in the logo? Just cause its "JDM" and people will obsess over anything supposedly JDM?
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
diskreet your so funny, everytime someone has something JDM i tend to see in several threads that you pick something out about it to try and .... for lack of better words, talk ****.....

Im only saying that, because thats what it seems like, i could be wrong and if i am, i apologize in advance.

As for the the "JDM logo" (Wakabi badge (spelling?? lol)) Its the logo that www.DGtrials.com has for their site, so since they gave me the media passes and they wanted the pics for their site, I agreed to put it on my pics.... and as for the big watermark of mine, its only cuz i dont want them taking any of my pics with out making sure their will be recognition of my pics, even though these arent the best.

shutter speed, i know i had a prop with it, like i said i left my polorized filter at home and the sun was a biiiiiiiiiitch, did what i could wiht as lil time as i had.

MisterFrankieJ... Long time no see... i hope to be on the forums a lot more, its been a tough past 3 months, and just now starting to get a lil bit better.

Nick~
Old 08-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I guess I should explain:
the point of my "**** talking" is that they picked the badge that basically means "new driver". It makes 0% sense since you have to be a very experienced driver to drift. The only reason I can see that they adopted it is because its a Japanese fad and they are just using it no matter what the real meaning.
The other reason I have ever "**** talked" anything JDM is because JDM no longer means JDM. JDM is just a phrase (like Type-R) that is used over and over and over to sell products to ricers. I enjoy true JDM styling sometimes, but when people start selling fake carbon fiber altezza tail lights made in america as JDM I have a problem with that. I don't like how JDM has lost its true meaning to the FATF crowd.

I am not trying to disrespect you. I thought both logos were yours. Didn't realize you were taking pics for them. Your photoghraphs are great, though. I don't think they need any work. You did a good job and they all look good.
So I have a problem with DGTrials, not you.
Old 08-04-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
hmmm i just started to work for my mom at her deli...i'm delivering food. hopefully i get paid tip so i can afford a canon 580ex or two...
well I'm most certainly not rich. However, I do work very hard to earn my money and buy me the little **** that I own, pay for my school and still help my parents

Nice pics Nick; rolling shots are hard, specially when standing still.
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I finally got a good camera a Nikon D70s with a 18-70mmf3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor Lens
and a Lexar 2 GB Professional Series 133X CompactFlash Card w/Write Acceleration
I got everything around $1400 with a 2 year warrenty from wolf camera

heres a test pic... all I did was resize it...

Last edited by Hayz; 08-04-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2006

whered you buy the camera from? $1400 seems a little on the higher side for a d70s, even if it did come with the kit lens and a 2gb card.

but it's still a good buy! i'm actually thinking of buying a nikon d70/d70s with the kit lens as a back up camera. i'm still not sure if it's a wise decision.

EDIT: just reread your post. you purchased retail?

shutter speed, i know i had a prop with it, like i said i left my polorized filter at home and the sun was a biiiiiiiiiitch, did what i could wiht as lil time as i had.
looks like you could've done a lot more to get some blur in the pictures. your aperture seems to have been very wide. if you had stopped the lens down to all the way closed (f/22 or something), then you would've been able to get shutter speeds of like 1/60 or 1/100. just a heads up if you are going to try this type of photography again

Last edited by dirtySAMURAI; 08-05-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2006

Great camera Hayz..congrats!
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
heres a pic i took with my d50 a few weeks ago. I know its crappy but it was a thunderstorm, pouring rain and lightning, and i took it through the window looking at my backyard. Obviously the window was a little wet from the rain. There was massive power outages that night and it took a few days to get back power so what else was there to do in a power outage?

Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
whered you buy the camera from? $1400 seems a little on the higher side for a d70s, even if it did come with the kit lens and a 2gb card.

but it's still a good buy! i'm actually thinking of buying a nikon d70/d70s with the kit lens as a back up camera. i'm still not sure if it's a wise decision.

EDIT: just reread your post. you purchased retail?

looks like you could've done a lot more to get some blur in the pictures. your aperture seems to have been very wide. if you had stopped the lens down to all the way closed (f/22 or something), then you would've been able to get shutter speeds of like 1/60 or 1/100. just a heads up if you are going to try this type of photography again
thanks for the tip I'm really new at this and yeah I paid retail it wasn't really planed kinda on the spot thing lol but the extra 2 year with free cleaning/repair warrenty was like $280

Last edited by Hayz; 08-05-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of

I was thinking about getting the D50 as a backup. The reason that I decided against it is that I would need a whole other set of lenses for that cam as well, where with a Canon, I could still use all my current lenses.
Old 08-06-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
just get a rebel xt as a back up...or get a 5d and use the 20d as your backup
Old 08-06-2006

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
I was thinking about getting the D50 as a backup. The reason that I decided against it is that I would need a whole other set of lenses for that cam as well, where with a Canon, I could still use all my current lenses.
exactly why i dont think i'm going to do that. when i have enough money, i'll probably just get another xt or purchase a used 20/30d (bigger lcd ftw) for my main body, retiring my current xt to the back up.
Old 08-06-2006

^^I heard of an adapter they sell on eBay for around $20 which allows to mount and use Cannon lenses on Nikon cameras
Old 08-06-2006

wouldnt you lose autofocus and aperture control, then?
Old 08-06-2006

don't know..like I said I heard/read

this other dude on a Nikon forum mentioned it so..
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all

if someone can do a pro job at cloning that water mark out id appreciate it thanks :-D (its my picture, just the trial version of the software i used)
Old 08-07-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: new photography thread