Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

350hp Budget Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rptshame will become famous soon enough
350hp Budget Build

Okay I have some questions. Sometime next year I want to motor swap my car. I am going to slowly acquire parts along the way. Im curious as to what others opinions are on the best route of obtaining my goals.

I want to have a very streetable daily driver. Around 220 hp on motor, then 350 or so on boost later down the road. I want to build the car with future boost plans in mind.

What would be the best route for me to go with my goals in mind, and keeping in mind a budget friendly car. When i say budget friendly i do not mean eBay build. I only buy quality parts for my car, however i do not want to do a K20 build and spend 7k+

Right now im looking at possible h22 swaps, or even a f23 block and h23 head build. Im open to hearing other opinions though.

Current motor is a d16y8 block with d16y7 head.

Thanks for any advice
Old 11-04-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 350hp Budget Build

I'd say while the new engine is out rebuild it (rings, seals), P&P the head and add upgraded cams, that with an exhaust system should sit you around 200whp with an h22.

then start buying the boost parts.
Old 11-05-2016
Registered!!

rptshame will become famous soon enough

Okay i am hearing that sleeving the h22 block is expensive, but is necessary if you want to strengthen the carbon reinforced h22 block. Is that the reason that the f23/h23 hybrid is so common?
Old 01-22-2018
Registered!!

Hoall is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really hard to build things so they work with additional step down the road. You'll get the best results if you built with one specific goal in mind. Then if you want to do something else later down the road. Rebuild with the new goal in mind. you'll get far better results.