Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications Intake, header, exhaust, flywheel, pulley and other bolt on information and questions belong here.

Full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
underwood43x is an unknown quantity at this point
Full exhaust

I know ill get flamed for this one but has anyone used a ebay full exhaust (170-200) on a d16 mini me? i got some riced out 4 inch grapefruit shooter on the back now from the previous owner and its too loud, like ear piercing loud. any input would be nice
Old 03-10-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Full exhaust

Originally Posted by underwood43x
I know ill get flamed for this one but has anyone used a ebay full exhaust (170-200) on a d16 mini me? i got some riced out 4 inch grapefruit shooter on the back now from the previous owner and its too loud, like ear piercing loud. any input would be nice
You could just try getting a decent muffler if noise is the only issue... That'll probably be your quietest bet.
Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
underwood43x is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I was thinking of doing that but a decent one is nearly 70 bucks, when I can go on eBay and get a full junk eBay exhaust for 120, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the eBay ones and what their take on the down falls of them besides the fact that they are cheap. I bought the car for 450 and I am pretty tight on money right now and I plan on doing some high end things one at a time (cam, suspension, turbo, etc) but right now I just want the car to pass inspection and the exhaust is part of the few problems of the car.
Old 03-10-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

if price is the issue, followed by passing inspections, hit an exhaust shop and add some kind of additional sound deadening into there? they can hack and plug all kinds of stuff there.
might be temporary to get thru, but should be cheap
Old 03-11-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

eBay exhaust will probably sound ok at first but wont last long. They use cheap metal and cheap baffling that will wear out sooner then later.

I would do muffler shop as well, not as expensive as you may think.