Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

how to make vtec louder ?

Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
porsche911GT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
how to make vtec louder ?

i raced a civic a couple nights ago and his vtec let alone his motor was loud as hell most likely it was a dohc but he mentioned that he took somethin out of his engine. does anybody have any idea what he could have done? and can we do it to our cars?
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
the resonator on his airbox, maybe, and it was probably a dohc. there is no way to make the vtec "loud" on these cars.
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
probably had a SRI on there.
Old 08-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
port the head :-] Engine sounds louder and you can hear a slight intake air noise on colder days.
Old 08-22-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
dont know what i did but my vtec sounds almost as loud as my friends vtec and he has a 92 hatch DOHC..on mines u can hear the lobes opening up and can hear air rushing in.... maybe ur friend took out his exhaust resonator???
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares. maybe he just had a exhaust leek. Fix up your engine so it will be louder then your friends car.
Old 08-23-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
anyone else think its a bit saddenning how this thread is dedicated to making VTEC sound louder?
Old 08-23-2004

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
louder doesnt always mean more HP
Old 08-23-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xproductionz
louder doesnt always mean more HP
or better.
Old 08-23-2004
Banned

JDMVTECB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
LMFAO, how old are you guys? Seriously... you can't make an SOHC VTEC loud. As in you can't make the pitch engagment loud. Yet alone you can barely even notice it engage... to be honest I don't. When my b20vtec engages "VTEC"(@6k) it sounds possibly 3times louder when it crosses over. What I'm thinking he did was floor the gas when he was just on it 3/4 way... VROOM.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JDMVTECB20
LMFAO, how old are you guys? Seriously... you can't make an SOHC VTEC loud. As in you can't make the pitch engagment loud. Yet alone you can barely even notice it engage... to be honest I don't. When my b20vtec engages "VTEC"(@6k) it sounds possibly 3times louder when it crosses over. What I'm thinking he did was floor the gas when he was just on it 3/4 way... VROOM.
I think what he is trying to say, is he wants to know how to make the engine louder.
Old 08-23-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
is it even possible to make the VTEC louder ?
Old 08-23-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
get an aftermarket cam ... that's your only option. or motor swap ... that's OPTION2!!
Old 08-23-2004

hmm...
Old 08-23-2004

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
One of my friends has a 92 or 94 (can't remember) accord SOHC with a short ram and it sounds at least as loud as another guys 00 Si. Whys that?
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
prolly cut off his resonator (it'll be loud as he11)
Old 08-23-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
my vtak is loud yo !!!!!
Old 08-23-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
burn a cd of a 75 mustang enigine revin and put it in your system and blare it foo .. i do
Old 08-23-2004

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chrisleecool
prolly cut off his resonator (it'll be loud as he11)
yeah his exhaust is loud but I was meaning his intake. What makes his louder than ours?
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
they own us with either their larger displacement or the DOHC.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
when the thread starter has the words "vtec" and "loud" in the same sentence the thread should be locked automatically
Old 08-23-2004
Im the man in the box

Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
when the thread starter has the words "vtec" and "loud" in the same sentence the thread should be locked automatically
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
umm lets see. why would u want to make it louder? louder doesn't mean anything. it might mean that he actually has a problem.
Old 08-24-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Louder sound with no added power = rice
Old 08-24-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
vtech ownz j00
Old 08-24-2004

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
vtech ownz j00
its "vtec" yo
Old 08-24-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by xproductionz
its "vtec" yo

i know

it was a joke buddy
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

xxnoshelterxx is an unknown quantity at this point
take off your hood, valve covers, replace your intake with a piece of pipe, and cut your exhaust off right after the exhaust manifold, that will make your car nice and loud.
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-24-2004

Originally Posted by xxnoshelterxx
take off your hood, valve covers, replace your intake with a piece of pipe, and cut your exhaust off right after the exhaust manifold, that will make your car nice and loud.

haha.. sounds like the time when i was running only headers.. that thing was loud as a ****....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to make vtec louder ?