Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

DC SportsTCS Exaust VS. Thermal R&D Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001
www.ImportFactor.Com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
What do you guys think? I want a nice mellow sound, but you know "loud" when you punch it. I don't want an exaust that is loud all the time, that would get on my nerves. Don't both of these exausts give you both of those things that I'm looking for? Which one should I get?

Here's somethings to take into consideration, and if someone could answer all of these that would be very nice of you [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

-Cost
-Looks
-Sound
-HP gain if any

Also I hope that these exaust can fit on an auto 4-door LX. (kinda a bad combination for an exaust system eh[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] )

EDIT: Oh yeah, should I get the full cat-back system, or just the rear section? Keep in mind that I live in California, and I need to pass smog inspections and crap...
Old 11-06-2001
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man....i got a 2 door ex with the tcs by dc sports, and i love it....

the only problem is this...considering the fact that our cars only have 127hp to begin with (ex) in order to gain any hp, most designers use larger piping and less restrictive mufflers, with this combination you are going to notice a loss in low end torque, but a nice gain in the upper range, plus a wonderful sound

i have a 4 hour drive from school to home which i take every few weekends, i have noticed that with the ac on the exhaust does tend to "drone" at certain rpm's....but the engine has its "sweet spots" where if you use the cruise control, you can get the exhaust to really quite down...it also has a lot to do with the strain on the engine, there are a lot of big *** hills and i think that is what makes it drone for me..

before i purchased the dc sports i compared the two system myself for quite some time, the reason i chose to go with the dc sports is this....i have several friends with the system, on several different cars, and everyone of them is completly happy....i figured i cant go wrong

and hey...the tcs looks a hella' lot cooler then the thermal [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

let me know what you decide to do..

peace
Old 11-06-2001
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard that DC Sports is very loud but they looks better and the cost more and a little bid of HP gain not much though...if u go with DC headers and Dc exhaust they said it suppose to give u 12HP+
Old 11-06-2001
Registered!!

PaKiBAla is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with both of you guys because i also want a loud sound when i punch it, i jus want a normal sound at normal driving speed (so i can sneek home at night without my parents knowing) i have that bad combination of auto 4 dr civic lx also, but its still fun to drive.
i think i would go with DC sports exhaus. MY friends are happy with theirs.
Old 11-06-2001
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Id go with the DC over the thermal im personally goin with GRedyy or the Tanabe.