Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

ingalls stiffy dampener 03 lx cpe

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
ingalls stiffy dampener 03 lx cpe

Car - 2003 civic coupe lx 5spd, non abs

ingals stiffy dampener DOES fit with the nuespeed sway bar... I also have megan coilovers so there may be extended studs on them, couldn't say. but the dampener does fit. the instructions were incorrect on bolt and nut sizes in the car and supplied with the kit. Only thing i had to modify was the brake overflow bracket, slight bending and all good, and and ac line clip swaped temp. for a zip tie...

install is verry simple, hand full of bolts and a torque wrench n breaker bar along with a wrench n ratchet set, 17mm being the biggest u need and ur good.

overall made a noticeable difference in the way car reacted under acceleration n at idell ever during cornering... much more controlled...

I recommend it...

Note - the dynamat extreme is pretty much necessary as at idell and launch, vibration is pretty overbearing...
Old 12-08-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: ingalls stiffy dampener 03 lx cpe

yea, thats the problem with these dampener kits.

the performance and stiffness of the engine is wonderful (especially if you are boosted or have a power engine)

but for every day use, they are not a good idea. they will make ur car shake more than my gf's vibrator. and its uncomfortable for a DD....unless u like that kinda stuff.
Old 12-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ingalls stiffy dampener 03 lx cpe

i loved the way the car performed with this thing, i even could chirp the tires from a stop if i mash the gas. its a whole different car. unfortunately the constant panel resonance will drive you crazy after 5 mins. i wouldnt mind the shakes if it wasnt so noisy. it sounded like the engine was inside the car lol. everything rattled like a ****. much better alternative is the front ES engine mount insert. barely any different than stock, after a while you will forget its even there. but it holds the motor in tighter and does what its supposed to. a/c will give you a mild vibrating chair sometimes but still its hard to notice unless you know.