Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

P.I.E. - HON98-AUX Adapter

Old 08-23-2010
'05 still rolling...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpecialKPB will become famous soon enough
P.I.E. - HON98-AUX Adapter

This is a quick review of the Precision Interface Electronics HON98-AUX:

Purpose: Connects to back of Stock stereo (onto the CD port) for Aux. input for any device with a headphone jack.

Quality: Connections were great, simple, and solid. The box was a little flimsly - once mounted it was ok. Length of ground and Aux. cord didn't seem long enough. Easy fix though.

Price: $60 online

It worked just like it said it would, sound quality was ok, nothing crazy. I had this installed for a direct connection for my XM back in the day, and it worked out very well.
I did install a simple toggle switch to the ground wire as recommended to provide an option to avoid the Alternator Hiss while charging anything.

Would I recommend it for anyone to buy? only if you plan on keeping your OEM radio in the car, besides that, no I would not.

It's currently sleeping in the basement in a box next to the oem radio, haha. The reason for that is that, like the rest of the world, I finally purchased an after-market stereo and LOVE it!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by SpecialKPB; 08-23-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: I cant spell, haha
Old 08-23-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: P.E.I - HON98-AUX Adapter

haha nice. yeah nothing beats aftermarket unit. i had an ipod direct connect adapter PA11-HON on the stock radio for a while and the digital signal is way better than the PIE unit, but you are still limited to the underpowered and horrible sounding factory deck with 10w per channel. most aftermarkets are around 20w per channel which is double the power. and they have better sound tuning.