Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

Canuck Motorsport Springs*Eibach Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cardemon88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Canuck Motorsport Springs*Eibach Sportlines

I picked up a used 01 Civic Sedan DX 5spd w/134k last year as a recession beater; began to like the car mildly and appreciated the commuter fuel economy and roominess of this compact class, but noticed the floaty suspension of the OEM shocks/springs on this aging car.

Too much pitch, yaw, roll, dive and squat were felt in the everyday urban commute and on spirited back country roads I tour on the weekends. I also detested the look of the huge wheel well gap which had me put 1 and1/2 of my fists in there.

On a struggling working classmans budget and a lot of time to seek out internet deals well over a year; I was doing a lot of research scouring all the various forums. I knew I wanted a respectable manufacturer who had various bits of race heritage, industry pioneers/innovators, renowned research and development dollars, street credibility and industry popularity.

Paired up with my Tokico Blue HP shocks I bought Canuck Motorsports Drop Springs which are(Eibach Sportlines*rebadged. ) These have a 1.4”Fr & Rr drop package. There is also have a 2” drop package too!
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/mnu_car_lower.html

Now with your eyebrows raised saying w.t.f.; I did a lil’ research into this company from word of mouth and professional contacts in the industry. Their brand CMS Springs are an in-house private label brand but they build for Eibach USA, Springtech USA and DJM.

I decided to support a Canadian company, Canadian economy with an equivalent product much cheaper, without the extra shipping costs, tariffs, duties, and importing hassles.

http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/product_info.html

It’s been over a week of driving on them in my urban commute, familiar roads with fat and heavy friends to settle my springs… I must say I’m happy. Had them professionally installed w.my Tokico Blues and Ignals front camber bolts and rear arms. A 4wheel alignment is scheduled for this week.

Note…I do ride on a 14” OEM wheel package but the ride is very smooth if not soft and just slightly more firmer than stock. That nasty OEM wheel gap is gone down to 2fingers approximately compared to my Fist and a half. True measurements with my wacked front lip have the drop to be 1” exactly with some more settling to be expected. Maybe the combination of the Tokico HP’s makes the road imperfections, cracks and sewer covers not as harsh, smooth, soft… but controllable and the undulations less bouncy.

The progressiveness of the spring rate is noticed when I take corners and off ramp curves with more authority and confidence with substantially less body roll and a more planted feel. I may have to upgrade to sport seats to secure me while the G-Forces rise. Stopping has little brake dive and seemingly flatter braking, lessened acceleration squat, body roll is minimized greatly making for a safer handling car over OEM.

Overall…I think I made a wise choice and decided to post my thoughts. My only warning to my fellow drop spring seekers is that this spring may be too soft and I would go with my next choice of H&R’s for a firmer ride. For my use, comfort, ideal pictured drop, ugly wheel gap removal and no OEM mattress feel; this combination works well for me.

My Mugen lip got scraped good and out of wack as the daily smooth and soft drive had me forget I was lowered while backing out of a driveway. Here are some pics anyways!!!!

http://public.fotki.com/cardemon/car/civic2.html

http://public.fotki.com/cardemon/car/civic3.html#media

http://public.fotki.com/cardemon/car/civic1.html#media
Old 11-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sam68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Canuck Motorsport Springs*Eibach Sportlines

Have The Eibach Sportlines with D-Specs on my 02 coupe and feel the same way, great ride perfect drop for my DD. Overall feel like I made a great decision in buying these, thanks for the review.
Old 12-08-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Canuck Motorsport Springs*Eibach Sportlines

ur front lip is crooked.