Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

Need help someone please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeabmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help someone please!

so my 1998 honda civic ex decided that the battery light was going to come on today. so, after that. when i came to a stop light, the car would idle weird and it would idle up and down when i was in neutral. than the lights for the dash started to dim and the cd player stopped working. and than finally the gauges even stopped working. i was at home and i let the car run and the car died. i heard it could be the alternator or the batter. any ideas???
pleasee i need help. thanks, tylerr.
Old 07-20-2009
Registered!!

spreddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help someone please!

95% it's alternator or the belt that runs alternator. just to be sure I would also check the battery - every shop that sells car batteries should have a proper testing tool.
Old 07-25-2009
Registered!!

manuelcantarero is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help someone please!

Originally Posted by yeabmx
so my 1998 honda civic ex decided that the battery light was going to come on today. so, after that. when i came to a stop light, the car would idle weird and it would idle up and down when i was in neutral. than the lights for the dash started to dim and the cd player stopped working. and than finally the gauges even stopped working. i was at home and i let the car run and the car died. i heard it could be the alternator or the batter. any ideas???
pleasee i need help. thanks, tylerr.
how old is the battery???depending on the length of the battery it might be both....if you really want to find out turn on the car and unplug the black cable from the battery if it does turn off then its your alternator