Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

SI/DC5 sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough
SI/DC5 sidemarkers

SI/DC5 sidemarkers from Passwordjdm.com

Price: 9 - Total ~$35 also need wire and connectors
Install: 6 Not hard just scary. Need to cut holes into your fenders so theres no going back. Took about 2hrs to cut, paint, splice. Had a minor moisture leak on one but patched it up with sealant.
Fit: 9+/- Depends how well you cut
Looks: 10 Love the look

"
Nothing sets off a car than some JDM side markers! All the other JDM enthusiasts will surely notice you when you roll up with these bad *** blinkers on your ride! Unlike the competition, Password:JDM's kit comes complete with sockets and bulbs for both side markers!"

-Adds visibility and safety to your car.
-Lets people to the side know your switching lanes.
-Looks seck-c

Old 07-17-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: SI/DC5 sidemarkers

These markers are cool, seems to be getting played out though- so take a look around for something unique before buying.

I also think the wire kit is a joke, and not worth the money- anyone with minor DIY electrical skills can save them selves some dollars- in fact, mine didnt even come with wire taps, so the kit was uncomplete.
Old 07-19-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Is there a DIY anywhere on how to install these Triz, i cant seem to find it.
Old 07-19-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

i just installed per looks, and they did well.. then ive done the EK and DC2 next for someone
Old 07-19-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Is there a DIY anywhere on how to install these Triz, i cant seem to find it.
Pretty straight forward. make a template that the sidemarket fits in, looks like the hole in the picture. Make sure you have refernce points that include the edge of the fender panel. You can level them to the ground (which I did) or to the accent line. Drill a hole, use a sheet metal nibbler (most radio shacks ~10 bucks) once you get the hole, locate the blinker wire, track it back from the blinker bulb, buy a pack of wire taps and tap the wire to the power, and maybe tap the ground or make a new ground, cant remember what I did. I also primmed and painted the edges of the hole so it wouldnt rust. clip in the side markers and make sure they work. Then smile, your jdm yo.
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

K20SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

looks pretty clean man good job
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

You can also use a dremel with cutoff wheel. It gets kinda loud and make sure you take frequent breaks to let the fender cool or it will burn the paint. I still have the template on my comp if anyone needs it.
Old 10-12-2007

killab16 is an unknown quantity at this point

sidemarkers are nice for you... to me its just some ricegayboystuff.
Old 10-13-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

I got rear-ended back in january...i thought it a good time to have some extra body-work done! i was lucky enough to have the honda bodyshop cut into my fenders!

why not? they got the proper tools, experience with metal work, AND my car was already there!
Old 01-12-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

do they fit in good? or can they like fall out and be loose? i wanna add them, but im afraid it will do unneccessary damage and kill the resale value. Any comments?
Old 01-12-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have mine held on with a bit of epoxy glue from the back cause they are loose due to me not cutting them right. i just eyeballed it lol. and i had tons of problems with them leaking water from the socket. i did a led retro and they have been dry since, but im planning to take em off again and add brighter leds. and i think they are not pushed on flat either the bottoms are not flush but its hard to tell unless you really examine up close.
Old 01-23-2008
Registered!!

Gwapo Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
You can also use a dremel with cutoff wheel. It gets kinda loud and make sure you take frequent breaks to let the fender cool or it will burn the paint. I still have the template on my comp if anyone needs it.
Can you send me the template? Thanxs
Old 01-24-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gwapo Civic
Can you send me the template? Thanxs
sent
Old 01-25-2008
Registered!!

Gwapo Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. bought the parts when i was in the philippines.
Cant wait for weather to warm up to install.
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
Hey man, if u still have the template, would you please send it to me? Seems scary, but i think i've built up the courage
Old 02-06-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

if anyone is still looking for the template, send me a PM with your email, and I'll forward it to you!
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

rev125yz@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!!