Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

Alsacorp 'killer chrome' spray paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Alsacorp 'killer chrome' spray paint

This product from Alsa promises a chrome finish that beats anything you can buy in stores. While it does deliver something, it is not a perfect solution. The can itself allows for metal deposition, which is technically not a paint. There are a few rules to follow in order to get good results. first you must have a glossy, smooth black surface. if you dont have this, you need to buy their special jet black paint. then you can apply light dust coats of the chrome on top of the black. Enough so that it starts to look like chrome.

Now while the product does work, it is not as optically clear as you headlight chrome, which is actually made using vacuum metalization. I would not recommend using the alsa paint for any visible areas. However i did get to try it out, and the chrome works very well to fix worn out projector bowls. I started with a shiny black metal surface, the perfect substrate for the chrome. applying light dust coats, i was able to get them to look very good and close to the original.

The best part about this paint is it resists heat. the chrome finish survives quite well inside my sealed projectors which can get extremely hot after only a few minutes of use. overall, this is a great product if you need a shiny surface for hidden places such as lenses behind color glass, projector bowls, etc.

here is a before/after shot

Last edited by gearbox; 07-13-2007 at 01:24 PM.