HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

Is this housing proper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob Hanbury is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this housing proper?

Need to get some new headlights, was considering upgrading to HID and I was looking at this product online:

http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe01hoci22.html

It includes the ballast's and everything but I don't have the knowledge to know if the housing of the headlights they are sending are proper for the HID bulbs. I don't want to be one of those d-bags blinding people with HID bulbs in a inappropriate case. Any opinions from the more experienced out there would be appreciated.
Old 02-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is this housing proper?

they don't have a projector lens. The light will be really bright but it's going to reflect everywhere rather than being focused on the road. I'd look at something from theretrofitsource.com.
Old 02-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob Hanbury is an unknown quantity at this point

I will take a look, thank you. I figured there was something missing since the site doesn't mention the headlights being retrofitted or being projected, I guess those are the keywords to look out for. I appreciate it.
Old 02-29-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Spend the extra money and do a (really easy) retrofit into oem or oem style housings. Theretrofitsource.Com sells a kit (morimoto h1 or morimoto d2s) kit that is about the closest to a PnP retro you can get. Helped my buddy retrofit his 99 civic with those HIDs, and it took us 2 hours start to finish. I had a bit of experience, so I let him do most of the work himself so he could learn, and even then, I didn't have to tell him how to do anything.

Extra added bonus, TRS has some amazing customer service, and they back their products quite well