HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

quick and easy Morimoto retrofit completed...

Old 10-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
schollianmj will become famous soon enoughschollianmj will become famous soon enough
quick and easy Morimoto retrofit completed...

97 Civic EX. bougt a set of stock replacement headlights from Ebay for 60 bucks. already had a set of Morimoto Mini D2S projectors from retrofitsource.com, so I baked the new lights and puled them apart. the projectors slid right in like they were made to fit in there.... Granted they pretty much were, but oh well. Dont judge me. Finally got around to ordering my bulbs and relay harness last week. parts arrived today and they are finally IN!!

I used GTI shrouds, and since the chrome was all donked up on them I painted them... Copper.... Now that they are on the car Im not sure that was such a good choice. Oh well. I will run them like this for a while and if I cant get used to the color I will order a set of new shrouds and leave them chrome.

I had taken pics of the assembly, but my phone crashed and I lost them, so all I have are my installed pics from today. assembly was really simple. I mean Geico caveman simple. If anyone is trying to do this and needs help I can easily rip one apart again and take pics of it all.

Now without further ado, here they are...

Name:  IMG_20131029_153425_zps087ff594.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  126.1 KB

Crappy pic, but Ill get a better one later once the sun is cooperating with me...

Name:  65c02431-8929-46b9-b71b-333ecf81dc83_zps3536a91d.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  153.0 KB
Old 10-29-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: quick and easy Morimoto retrofit completed...

Looks kinda wonky compared to the TRS shrouds.
But still cool nonetheless
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

schollianmj will become famous soon enoughschollianmj will become famous soon enough

and last night I went out and found a blank wall to aim these on... Guess the alignment is a little off. Oh well. I tried to use the CNC cut alignment plates that came with the projectors. guessing they are off. headlights are in the oven now baking so I can tear them apart again and remove the plates. I will align them by hand. And I might respray the shrouds.....

Name:  IMG_20131029_203716_zps0db7519f.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  47.6 KB
Old 10-30-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Yea, they are a little wonky!

Might be a good time to paint your cutoff shields if you wanted to do that. Will add a cool color look when you look into the projector!

I do like the copper color, but not with your color car. Would look better on a black car.
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

yea, shrouds are black now.... Paint the cutoff shield? I have never heard of that... I have put a small LED inside the projectors before on a guys bike I retrofitted, but never heard of painting the shields.

Just went out and aligned them. no they are baking again so I can press them back together. Ill get better output pics later tonight. I'm running 55w ballasts with 4500K bulbs... I like being able to see at night....
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

OK, got them back assembled and in the car. all blacked out. looks a lot better. The green and copper just wasn't working on this little Honda. years ago I had a Mustang that was green with copperish gt stripes. guess this car just cant pull it off. Oh well.

Name:  20131030_114706_zps5bd6708f.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  20131030_114658_zps84a68c6e.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  20131030_114653_zps47a8dcab.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  100.5 KB
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Looks kinda wonky compared to the TRS shrouds.
But still cool nonetheless

Not sure what shrouds you are referencing here... these were bought from TRS... everything but the 55w ballasts was purchased from them. which shrouds are you talking about?
Old 10-30-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Looks way better with black shrouds!

Yea, the 55W kit will be very nice when driving at night. Since your reflector bowl was painted black it should reduce any unwanted stray light.

If you paint the back of the cutoff shield, it will make it appear like your projector glass is colored. There is a thread somewhere on hidplanet that shows different colors. I painted mine black.

Name:  SAM_0121_zps01912784.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  99.8 KB

Here is the thread:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...hield-painting
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

damn. Ok. I think next week these are getting opened up, AGAIN, and Im painting the shields red... Damn. that comes out sweet!
Old 10-30-2013
Prelude Owner

You will be a pro after you are done!

In the excitement of ordering my projectors I accidentally ordered RHD projectors. So I had to order LHD cutoff shields from TRS. Like you, I didn't know you could paint them until after I did the retro, so I wasn't to upset about opening them back up to swap in the correct shields since it allowed me to paint the new shields they sent me ahead of time.

The red will look nice! It looks good when it matches the car color also but it depends what color car you have.
Old 10-30-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks way better.

I was referring to the standard one, gunslinger? gatling? something like that lmao.
Old 10-30-2013
Registered!!

ok, gatling.... was it the origional or the gatling 2.0? Ok, now Im just messing with you... I am thinking about getting the new mini h1 6.0 and getting the gatling shrouds for it. Just gotta gwt a couple other things taken care of first.
Old 11-07-2013
Registered!!

And now thanks to a retarded deer.... I have no front end or retrofitted lights...
Old 11-07-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by schollianmj
And now thanks to a retarded deer.... I have no front end or retrofitted lights...
Dang......I know that can suck big time.
Old 11-08-2013
Registered!!

yea... I need fenders and bumper. already have lights. so it really isnt to bad. I pulled the bumper and one of the finders off and it didnt look like anything under it was fragged. I feel bad because after I hit and killed the deer it was n the middle of the interstate and a lady driving a new Nissan GTR hit it. completely destroyed the front of her car... bumper hood fenders, doors, all destroyed. Radiator, oil and trans coolers torn up. fans and some of the front accessories mangled... I already ordered my parts, total was 170. I think she will have to add a couple zeros to that figure for her car. and she still had the temp tags from the dealer on it!