HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

goodbye DDM, we wont miss you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
goodbye DDM, we wont miss you!

they are finally out of the cheap/chinese hid kit illegal market. i dont have to go into how many horror stories weve heard around the web, but its good theyre gone. here is the original post, seems now they want to sell cheap pnp led bulbs instead.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1583933

probably happened because of this:

Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: goodbye DDM, we wont miss you!

I'm still content with my DDM kit..
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Yes! Finally!

DDM has been fueling the junk HID/reflector housing set-ups for years and supporting ricers that give the tuning scene a bad name. I bet Matt from TRS had a party after he read this, since DDM was pretty stiff competition against his quality kits.
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome!
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

^where did you find the pics?
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

who me? they are ALL OVER the internet, pretty much every forum i can think of. the chinese coilovers are a real fail, cause at least with hids it wont endanger your life (unless they turn off on a dark road)

they make it sound like hid kits got too expensive and its not their fault, when in reality all that happened is everyone stopped buying from them. i can list at least 5 sites with good customer service that are still selling hid kits without problem. DDM is the problem, and if you read some of the posts on bimmerforums you will see how much of a douche he sounds like. i guess when youre in business tho, you wont really be successful unless you screw customers over and try to make the most $$.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

look on page 2 of the link you posted. probably gonna get banned.....
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by electric130
look on page 2 of the link you posted. probably gonna get banned.....
Your officially my hero.
I can't wait to see the responses to that, I can't stop laughing!

I can't fault DDM's owner for his business models, although they aren't anything a first year couldn't develop and implement the principles are sound and should prove profitable. The issue I see is approach and it's far from surprising, to be successful in business over the long term you need to show at least some care for your customers and the owners interest is obvi pure profit.
Old 01-16-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, if you get banned for telling the truth thats a shame haha
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by tbohar
Well done, if you get banned for telling the truth thats a shame haha
i don't really care about bimmer forums. i've been a member at E46fanatics.com for almost a year. i posted it in 2 forums there!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...2#post12695572

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...1#post12695561
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

nobody replied yet.

electric you know about the jw speaker modules? those are so cool and i wish they would make a chromed version instead of black. i would stuff those in my tyc hi beam spot with a quickness lol. led hi beam ftw!
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

DDM's changing they're business model. maybe this is the reason?
hahaha yeah i think youre right
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox

nobody replied yet.

electric you know about the jw speaker modules? those are so cool and i wish they would make a chromed version instead of black. i would stuff those in my tyc hi beam spot with a quickness lol. led hi beam ftw!
yeah. the guy that posted a pic of some type of retro....i had a high and low beam demo set from Speaker to try out for our buses. granted, the ballasts were 24vdc, the light output far exceeded the 65w Hella projector H9's we were putting in our buses. LADOT was going to go with the JW Speaker lights, but their contract fell through. if I had a vehicle with a 24v system, those headlights would have found a way out of the building and into my car.........
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

How did you guys resize the image?

I copy and pasted it onto another forum and it's tiny.. stupid photbucket.
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

^some forums like this one automatically resize it
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Someone else on revscene just resized it for me, everyone was yelling at me because it appeared really tiny and no one could read it. Kind of funny actually, the people yelling most all have DDM kits

Last edited by MindBomber; 01-16-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

truth hurts. people dont like being told their $30 ballasts and bulbs are junk i guess

also jwspeaker.com lists all their dot led modules as being 12v or 24v

Last edited by gearbox; 01-16-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

also jwspeaker.com lists all their dot led modules as being 12v or 24v
that's because it's just a ballast difference. just like with HID's on the DOT (legal) side of things. you can by 12v or 24v HID OEM systems from Hella. only difference is the input voltage to the ballasts. bulbs and output are the same. so the LED modules will be the same from Speaker, cause the output from either 12v or 24v ballasts (drivers) will be the same to the LED's. they're sweet modules though. they are completely sealed, have internal fans for circulation, and heat sinks on the rear.
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

yeah its a very nice design. i bet would last a long time too like those vision-x led off road lights.

uh oh someone doesnt like what you posted about ddm

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...e-HID-business
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Everyone is freaking out on Revscene, jumping to support of DDM refusing to believe anything could possibly be wrong with their $30 kits lol
Old 01-17-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

good thing i stick with...EEEEEEEBAY HIDS

I mean, they are essentially the same....
Made in china
Old 01-17-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its a very nice design. i bet would last a long time too like those vision-x led off road lights.

uh oh someone doesnt like what you posted about ddm

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...e-HID-business
Originally Posted by random noob
electric130 is a complete failure troll
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

I've had my 55w "5000K" Raptor HIDs for almost a year now. Going strong.. Very bright. White light not blue at all. The solenoid thingy for high beams work well (bixenon).

cost about $70. I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase.

But I understand that they really only have 4 bulb colors. Very Deceptive, and I hope they change their practices if they choose to continue their HID sales. Good price. Lifetime warranty. 4 choices are fine.

Yellow=QC-9
White = QC-22
Blue = QC-49
Really blue = QC-144
Old 04-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ive had my apexcone kit for awhile now they still work fine so what about the color difference i only paid 30 dollars for them i wasn't born yesterday i know you get what you pay for. as for the chinese coils and saying there made with quality they should be shut down and prosecuted for putting lives in danger.
Old 04-26-2011
Premium Member

cheap hid hardware and wiring is just as bad. can turn on randomly, melt wires, and start a fire destroying your car, killing you, and possibly others. in fact this happened to someone over at hidplanet a while back. car was a total loss and he was lucky not to have been in the car when it happened. it can also fail without warning at night, leaving you with no headlights that can cause an accident wrecking your car or killing other people. assuming the kits are used in halogen reflectors (vast majority are), its illegal and can cause accidents by putting off too much glare. hid hardware is serious and oem manufacturers put alot of time and money designing something with such a low fail rate, the ballasts usually last 10 yrs at least and the bulbs last thousands of hours instead of few hundred.
Old 04-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I found a place in Vancouver that sells ballasts for $2 lol.
Old 04-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

cheap hid hardware and wiring is just as bad. can turn on randomly, melt wires, and start a fire destroying your car, killing you, and possibly others. in fact this happened to someone over at hidplanet a while back. car was a total loss and he was lucky not to have been in the car when it happened. it can also fail without warning at night, leaving you with no headlights that can cause an accident wrecking your car or killing other people. assuming the kits are used in halogen reflectors (vast majority are), its illegal and can cause accidents by putting off too much glare. hid hardware is serious and oem manufacturers put alot of time and money designing something with such a low fail rate, the ballasts usually last 10 yrs at least and the bulbs last thousands of hours instead of few hundred.
sounds like this person wired something wrong or did not use the recommended wiring harness . and as i said before i know you get what you pay for. i carry oem bulbs in my glove box.
Old 04-27-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by lowlife9
sounds like this person wired something wrong or did not use the recommended wiring harness . and as i said before i know you get what you pay for. i carry oem bulbs in my glove box.
But you're not the norm. Most idiots will prey on the less informed in hopes of making $2!
Old 04-27-2011
Premium Member

14 gauge custom wire harness and the guy is a professional retrofitter prolly over 100 retrofits performed.

Originally Posted by lowlife9
Old 05-04-2011
Registered!!

BarcaCiv556 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I never knew they where that bad, good thing I never bought anything from them lol

Quick Reply: goodbye DDM, we wont miss you!