HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

post your headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: post your headlights!

just be careful with melting. those shrouds dont like too much heat from 50w setup.
Old 12-04-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i actually plan to put a thin layer of exhaust wrap between the projector and shroud to prevent that.
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Ok just got my Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1. But one bulb that i got did not work and also did not like the 4300k color because is look to yellow actually like 5000k better. So my question is if i buy another bulb do i just need the low beam because the projectors are bi-xenon or do i need high and low beam hid bulb.
Old 12-06-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is one bulb for both lo and hi. for hi beam, the shield inside the projector moves down to expose more light. bulb stays on and doesnt change.
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

that is exactly what i though by looking at the projectors thanx gear.
will post pics of the retro once done.
Old 12-06-2010

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hahha. 4300 > 5000. 5k output looks way too blue on the road and isnt very useful.

but each to his own.
Old 12-06-2010
Premium Member

5400k not that blue to me? pure white my plate leds are a bit whiter at 6500k. i would never go back to 4300k again. i wasted time doing a retro if it looks like halogens.

Name:  valeoxenstarhids001-1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  14.0 KB
Old 12-06-2010
Premium Member

there is some brightness loss with these bulbs, but thats how it goes. there is a new osram bulb called CBI (cool blue intense) that is 5000k color temp and still has the same 3200 lumens of an oem 4300k bulb. there is a GB over at hidplanet.com for $150 a pair shipped. i would get those if i didnt already have whiter bulb.

osram 4300k vs my 5400k (they are not this blue in person, its pure white with no color like the first pic). same exposures.

Name:  valeoxenonbulbcomparo.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  30.8 KB
Old 12-06-2010
Premium Member

when i had 4300k, yuck!

Old 12-06-2010

eh, too much light loss for my taste. lol
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

yea love 5000k got does right now and there are pure white best thing is for some reason mines dont have glare but will blind you a night if you look at them for to long that the only reason i retro fitting and plus its the right way to do it.
was a disappointed at how yellow or stock halogen 4300k look.
Old 12-06-2010

what headlight setup r u running now steve?
Old 12-06-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I read the thread about the new osram bulbs on HIDplanet, I was thinking about ordering them but seeing as I'm still waiting for Morimoto kit to arrive it seemed like I would be wasting my brand new bulbs. If I already had an HID kit and I needed new bulbs though...

Someone behind me on the way home tonight had 15000k bulbs, I could stop laughing every time I looked in my mirrors.
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I read the thread about the new osram bulbs on HIDplanet, I was thinking about ordering them but seeing as I'm still waiting for Morimoto kit to arrive it didn't seem worthwhile to me. If I already had an HID kit and I needed new bulbs though...

Someone behind me on the way home tonight had 15000k bulbs, I could stop laughing every time I looked in my mirrors.
worst thing is they think it looks so efing bad. would have love to see him get pulled over.
Old 12-06-2010
Premium Member

i have some GE 10,000k bulbs sitting here if anyone wants lol. they actually pretty nice color, like 6500k white with tiny hint of sky blue

Name:  gesb10kbypc-1.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  gesb10kbypc-2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  40.6 KB
Old 12-06-2010

wats ur current headlight setup gearbox?
Old 12-07-2010
Premium Member

lol i thought you knew already? its that crazy tyc projector retro i spent months on. theres a long thread about it somewhere. its tyc chrome projectors, valeo d2s lo beam with clear lens, osram 5400k bulbs, hella gen3 ballasts (35w), led park light (maxxima amber module), led turn signal (street magic amber cluster), and led in the fogs to match the park light. hi beam is stock halogen for now with catz zeta ballasts.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...it-2010-a.html
Old 12-07-2010

whoa! i didnt see that thread!?

i thought u had OEM retrofits? boy did i like those.
Old 12-07-2010
Premium Member

i used to have oem retro with single xenon bosch at 50w, but it was too bright, no aiming, and no hi beam. the tycs have led park/turns, hid lo (fully up/down adjustable from the outside with no tools), halogen hi. not as nice looking as the oems, but much more functional.
Old 12-07-2010

Originally Posted by gearbox
i used to have oem retro with single xenon bosch at 50w, but it was too bright, no aiming, and no hi beam. the tycs have led park/turns, hid lo (fully up/down adjustable from the outside with no tools), halogen hi. not as nice looking as the oems, but much more functional.
how come u didnt retrofit a bixenon projector in there? i saw u had some e46 or TL or something like that...didnt you?
Old 12-07-2010
Premium Member

e46 but single xenon. it was the only one i could fit and still use the nice shrouds and stuff i had. prolly shouldve done fx or something but i honestly like the current retro better anyway.
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

ok i had time to do my retrofit today and here is the final product

Name:  IMAG0050.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  130.2 KB

Last edited by SpeedDownZone; 12-09-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

clean lookin retro. What projector did you use? And you got any light output shots?
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

Morimoto Mini H1 the same one gear talked about and yes i do how can i make this forum host the pics because i might right a little diy for you guys even do i was super easy

here is the light not istalled on car
Name:  IMAG0045.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  54.2 KB

Last edited by SpeedDownZone; 12-09-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

use photobucket or similar, that's what i use
Old 12-09-2010

wtf?! when did u order ur morimoto? i ordered mine last weeek n they're still not there!
Old 12-09-2010
Registered!!

order them on friday got them on monday.
Old 12-09-2010
Premium Member

very nice, they fit great. i have a pair of used stockies i may stuff some of those into. sucks i would have to go with d2s version cause thats all the parts i have is oem stuff.
Old 12-09-2010

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
order them on friday got them on monday.
ordered em on friday (same day as you) and its wed and i still dont have em!
Old 12-09-2010

Originally Posted by gearbox
very nice, they fit great. i have a pair of used stockies i may stuff some of those into. sucks i would have to go with d2s version cause thats all the parts i have is oem stuff.
but the H1 puts out way more light than the d2s. the blubs are only 25$ gear!

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
ok i had time to do my retrofit today and here is the final product

do u mind taking a beamshot on the wall? i wanna see how well and straight the cutoff is???

something like this:

Name:  blue.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  43.9 KB

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 12-09-2010 at 10:57 PM.