Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Control arm tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mouselips is an unknown quantity at this point
Control arm tool

Hey new to the site. Got a 86 crx hf. The lower ball joint is busted. Is this a serviceable part or must I replace the whole control arm? If it is, how? I have the new control arm with the ball joint and I have replaced a number of ball joints on newer cars but this one is different. I also do have a ball joint press and adapters. It just seems like it would be much easier to just replace the ball joint, im just reluctant to try and press it out if it isnt serviceable. Also, in my Chilton book, it says a specialty tool is required to remove the lcr. Is this something that can be flubbed or do I have to track down a tool? How would I go about finding that tool if I do in fact need it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my baby and I am dying to get her going again.
Old 12-14-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Control arm tool

if you have the new arm with ball joint, what you waiting for?
Old 12-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mouselips is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
if you have the new arm with ball joint, what you waiting for?
Well, as I said, the book says a special tool is required but gives me little to no information as to what the tool is and how to get one. When I research it online, the only tools that come up are for cars that are newer than mine.
Old 12-14-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ahhh, so your arm is not with your ball joint, they are still in two pieces

just do them while they are out, much easier