Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

1994 Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flint13 is an unknown quantity at this point
1994 Honda Civic EX

Hey guys; I have a 94 Civic EX that I just bought, I went to get my emissions test done so I can get plates on the car. The front end of the car is too low for the emissions test to be completed. I was told I could pick up some adjustable struts, not sure if that is true. Just curious what my best option is going to be, as I am on a time limit. Only have so many days on a temporary tag. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 1994 Honda Civic EX

Ramps? Is there something you need to pull over that you will hit? Maybe borrow some stock springs for the test then go back?
Old 11-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flint13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I get adjustable struts or will I have to go another route? I would prefer for my car to be adjustable so I can raise or lower it whenever, depending on how I'm feeling. When I tried to get my emissions test done, my exhaust pipes coming from the front of my car were sitting on the roller. I know I can just pick up some stock springs and get the test done, but I would prefer to just get the parts that I want on the car now, so I don't have to spend the extra money later. But seeing as I am on a time limit I might have to wait. What do you guys think is my best option?
Old 11-12-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

http://prestoliteperformance.com/sus...omponents.html

The twist-in wedges used to be available at DangerZone. IDK if they would still have them in your local store.

Lift the car, shove the block wedges in, set car down.
Or
Lift the car, crank in the twist wedges, set the car down.
Quick and simple.
Old 11-12-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ezone
DangerZone.
^^^^^^^ Never heard it called that before. That's too funny.