I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

93 civic check engine light help!!!

Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justinw23453 is an unknown quantity at this point
93 civic check engine light help!!!

So everytime my civic has trouble going up the hill like the tranny sounds like it wants to give up, and then my check engine light comes on. As soon as I turn off my car the check engine light goes off. I know I need an obd1 scanner for my 93 civic, but i also heard there was a way to check it with out one. Can someone please clue me in????
Old 05-17-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 93 civic check engine light help!!!

It might be behind the glovebox. I had a 94 accord that I had to scan and the obd1 connector was behind the glovebox. It's a harness with a dummy plug on the end. I think it was blue colored.
Old 05-17-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 93 civic check engine light help!!!

You need the 2 wire SCS connector. Jumper the terminals with a wire or a paper clip, turn the ignition key on, read flash codes from the CEL. Standard 2 digit format.

My pic shows it as near the glovebox somewhere under that side of the dash. Some are taped to the ECM harness up kind of high, some are stuck in their own little holder, some are stuck under the beam below the glovebox.

There is a 3 wire connector nearby that is only for the Honda compatible scantool, you can't use it for anything else.

HTH

Last edited by ezone; 05-17-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added a pic