I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

best place to run the hot wire for a subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninja450 is an unknown quantity at this point
best place to run the hot wire for a subwoofer

i have a 94 honda civic ex coupe with the 1.6 v tech and i want to put in some subwoofers were is the best place to run the hot wire from the battery to the trunk?
Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: best place to run the hot wire for a subwoofer

i ran it along the driver side under those plastic sill protectors. and rca/speaker wire on the opposite side.
Old 01-27-2010
Registered!!

ninja450 is an unknown quantity at this point

but how did u get the hot wire from the battery insiide the cap to run it down the side to the trunk
Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there are a few holes in the firewall. one near the brake pedal on the driver side, there should be a sponge cover you can pull out. i think the metal needs to be drilled but you will see the area. passenger side is already drilled and has some stock wires going thru it. when you drill, make sure theres nothing on the other side.
Old 02-02-2010
Registered!!

gatrhumpy is an unknown quantity at this point

I will have to run mine along the driver side under the kick panel and the plastic pieces. Of course, I will have to ask the wife first.
Old 02-02-2010
Registered!!

PolishNProud is an unknown quantity at this point

I taped the wire to a metal coat hanger, and pushed it through the whole under the glove box, where the other wires are going through. Took a couple of tries but it worked, no need for drilling holes.
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

B18_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

through an existing rubber boot on the side where the battery is located for less wire to be ran and then run down the kick panels. Also, running the rca's on the opposite side of the hot wire to prevent engine noise in your stereo.
Old 01-25-2012
Registered!!

isleylandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PolishNProud
I taped the wire to a metal coat hanger, and pushed it through the whole under the glove box, where the other wires are going through. Took a couple of tries but it worked, no need for drilling holes.

Done the exact same thing! Worked perfectly!!
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

Civicster95 is an unknown quantity at this point

i swear people do some of the shittiest things, just run it from the truck under the back seat down the passenger side floor panel then to the front door run it through the fender well where the door opens then to the battery, dont put it on the drivers side bc thats where the fuse box is and usually most fires happen when you run the hot wire and ground wire on the same side.... and it looks cleaner the only place u would see the wire is when u open the door but who really pays attention to the door jam like really
Old 07-28-2012
92 LX Beater :)

MookyStick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Civicster95
i swear people do some of the shittiest things, just run it from the truck under the back seat down the passenger side floor panel then to the front door run it through the fender well where the door opens then to the battery, dont put it on the drivers side bc thats where the fuse box is and usually most fires happen when you run the hot wire and ground wire on the same side.... and it looks cleaner the only place u would see the wire is when u open the door but who really pays attention to the door jam like really
Imo, its better to just take the little bit of extra time and run it through the firewall. Do everything like you said but forget about the door jam part...just run it up under the dash and through the already existing rubber grommet in the firewall...piece of cake. I for one am not a fan of loose wiring hanging around in my door jams(and it just doesn't look that great either).