Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1990 civic wont start main relay makes clicking noise

Old 03-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90civic is an unknown quantity at this point
1990 civic wont start main relay makes clicking noise

Hi, I have a 1990 civic and im having trouble getting it started. when i try to start it the main relay makes a fast clicking noise but nothing else happens. I just charged the battery on a charger outside of the car and the other electronics seem to work. I was able to jump start it with a batter pack starter though but then after driving it for 20 minutes i went into a store and came out and it did the same thing and i had to jump start it again.

My key also gets stuck and wont turn past the standby position or the first position after the all the way to the left off position but before today i just had to charge the battery often and it would work.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael
Old 03-16-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1990 civic wont start main relay makes clicking noise

How old is the battery? Get it tested for free at a parts store.

Search this Thread