Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1995 15 ACG fuse Blows

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benjamin Phelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 1995 15 ACG fuse Blows

Need advice on where to look next. Car runs fine starts and I can idle it at 4K RPM with no problems. I drive the car easy under 50 MPH and don't let the RPM's hit over 3K I am fine. The second I push the car to 3.2RPM under power the 15 AMP ACG fuse blows. I replace the fuse and drive the car as described above and its fine. I have replaced the Distributer, I have replaced the Fuel pump. Looking for ideas on where to search next.... this is not a random problem either, it is consistent specific, happens every time...
Old 01-30-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1995 15 ACG fuse Blows

I would look for a spot in the engine wiring harness that is moving with the engine. Sounds like something is grounding out when the engine is torqued in the mounts. I would suspect a wire has rubbed through and is grounding against an engine bracket. I recall this being a common issue on the harness behind and under the intake manifold, but I do NOT remember which years had the problem.

Get a copy of the wiring harness for the car. There are online resources that can supply a diagram. With the diagram you should be able to trace every wire that is supplied power by that fuse. The problem HAS to be in a wire or component on that circuit. In the factory book the fuses each have their own diagram with components listed.

A haynes/chiltons wire diagram is NOT a good reliable source of information.
Old 01-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benjamin Phelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1995 15 ACG fuse Blows

Thanks for the reply... I will be looking for wiring harness. I was able to double check all the wiring and clean a few things up, now it is working under all torque, thru all gears - Now its popping the fuse when we hit 60 MPH - consistently......