Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cranking but not starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mcollins8383 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cranking but not starting

95 turned off at night next morning turns over but no start. All cylinders are getting spark. I can hear the fuel pump turn on and there is fuel pressure at the filter. I have visually inspected the inside of the ECM and I dont see any signs of defect. Any suggestions on what to look at next would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cranking but not starting

Are the spark plugs soaking wet?
Old 01-08-2017
Registered!!

mcollins8383 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I pulled the spark plugs to check the compression there was oil in a couple of the tubes. I did go ahead and pull the valve cover and replace the o rings in the cover and gasket. Hopefully that will correct the oil issue.
Old 04-11-2017
Registered!!

aarronc is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same issue with a 95 and the same situation (cylinders have spark, have fuel pressure...) so if you find a solution I would be interested in hearing what you did and if I can get mine going I will post what fixed it here.
Old 07-13-2017
Registered!!

larry yellnats is an unknown quantity at this point

oil on the the plugs is definately the o rings undervalve cover. Check fuel, and spark, if thats good check compression. if that passes Check for a solid Ground. Good Luck bro