Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel gauge won't work Help!!!! Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuff4mason is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel gauge won't work Help!!!! Please!!!!

Hi guys. Back again.

Now that I got the 95 Civic LX running, I'm getting to all the other broken stuff. This problem is driving me nuts. The fuel gauge won't read. It sits at full and won't move. I found a fuel sending unit in the trunk, so figured, someone has messed with it. Pulled the back seat out and tested the two wires going to the float switch. One appears to be a ground and the other is hot. I have 12.6 volts here. Pulled the float switch out of the tank and tested it with Ohm meter and seems to be working. Tested the other float switch I found in the trunk. Also good. But, neither unit will make the dash gauge work. Tore apart the dash and all seems good. All other gauges are working in the cluster.

I guess it could be the fuel gauge in the cluster. My question - will a cluster from a 95 civic MANUAL tranny work in a 95 Civic with automatic? Am I going to run into any problems with switching clusters? Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuff4mason is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fuel gauge won't work Help!!!! Please!!!!

Really? 141 reads, and no one has any idea's?
Old 01-04-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Fuel gauge won't work Help!!!! Please!!!!

your guess is as good as any of ours?

just put it there...
I mean, how many do you think tried it?