Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 Civic code 70

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eberg is an unknown quantity at this point
95 Civic code 70

Just picked up a 95 Civic from a friend with a rebuild d16. Car has always run like a champ for him and has done great for me for afew months.

Anyways the other day when i went to start it the cel came on. Well it was the code 70 at problem. Not very descriptive code but is shifts fine up until whatever it does at 65 when it kicks down from 2500 to like 2000 rpms. It now no longer kicks down. Other than that good strong shifts and runs fine.

My buddy said the fluid hasnt been changed in a long time. Car has 156k on the rebuilt engine, i have no idea on the trans. Was driven 2000 miles then left to sit for a year and he thinks hasnt been done since 80k.

So my questions being what could cause the code 70 and should i change my fluid? Yes it is pretty burnt and i have been told it will hardly shift when it is cold outside(like 20 degrees or less) When its warmed up it does fine. I was just gonna change it but many people have given me mixed feedback as to whether i should or just leave it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Haldt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 95 Civic code 70

Never hurts to change fluid as long as you have the right kind and right amount. If it's burnt it really needs to be changed. In the code though I can't help